hf1

Convince me to try Wool please?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Convince me to try Wool please?

Postby charlibunny » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:57 am

After an incident with a VERY leaky Imse Vimse wrap just now and a rathr embarrassed Molly i am Willing to be convinced to try wool :hohoho:
Tell me about it please? Is it bulky under clothes? Does it leak? Is it easy to care for etc????? :babyroll:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Convince me to try Wool please?

Postby Annette » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:16 pm

I only use wool at night at the moment, Ben wears longies (well they are crops but come down to his ankles at the mo' :lol: ) and it doesn't matter how bulky they are as his night bum his huge anyway. The wool is great at night as it is more breathable and allows air to circulate allowing some of the moisture to evaporate so nappies can actually be less wet with wool. They are very easy to care for, once you have lanolised them a few times, they can be used for several weeks before they need washing or re-lanolising, unless they get soiled of course.

In terms of daytime use, I have used wool shorts on Charlotte during they day and they were fine as long as I used a nice absorbent nappy. You can use wool wraps under clothes, although they would be a bit bulky and there is a possibility of wicking under tight clothes or if they sit still for long periods of time.

HTH

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Thanks for that! I was under the assumption they were good for daytime wraps, but maybe not!! So if i were to get one for night time, can she wera a sleepsuit over the top or will that get damp too?
Any certain brands or types that are good?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Don't get me wrong, you can use them in the day, some people use wool all the time.

If you use a wrap, she can wear a sleepsuit over the top, just make sure it isn't too tight. Personally I like the Stacinator wool wraps, but am sure other people can recommend some others.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Summer wears a poppered vest and sleepsuit and sleeping bag over her soaker with no problems as long as the vest isn't too tight!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:47 pm

Thanks Annette i will google them :)

Hanna, what brand of vests do you buy for Summer? Are you finding you have to put her in huge sizes?
Sophie is only 4 weeks old and am struggling to do 0-3 month vests up over her!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:56 pm

Hmm now that's a question, she has all Jak's hand me downs, so ASDA or tesco, I think there are a couple of debenhams ones in there too, Summer is still in her 0-3 month ones, how bigs is Sophie?

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:22 pm

i use wool wraps with sam every night and over fitteds in the day sometimes. my favorites are staccinator -they have them in twinkleontheweb and nappyzone- they are thin and don't add bulk and lovely and soft! we also have baby beehinds wrap which i tend to use in the day and haven't had any probblems . i was having to change sam in the night before i discovered wool :D unfortuately sam had a reaction to longies/shorties but seems fine with wraps as they hardly touch his skin :D
they are easy to look after once you get the hang of it , and don't require washing after every use so in someways easier!
i use cut4cloth vests- which i bought in their sale- i think they still have some reduced ones and they are great! sam sleeps uaually with either just a babygrow - again cut4cloth or just pj top :D

i would say give it ago
:D

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:48 pm

Hanna - She is 4 weeks old today and weighs a hefty 9lbs 8oz!!! Her vests are pulling on the shoulders already, so think i might need to go in the loft for her 3-6 month ones. She is mostly wearing little lamb cotton nappies or bog standard tots bots for now. She wee's TONNES!!

Oooh wool wraps, now that sounds good! I might have a look on cut for cloth later then when the skids are in bed. Any excuse for shopping :lol:!!
I was thinking of getting the Wool for Molly as she wont be dry and night for AGES and im sick of the PUL. Would love a tiny wool wrap for Sophie though.... Wish i had some £££!!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat