hf1

Convince me to try Wool please?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Convince me to try Wool please?

Postby Annette » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:01 pm

You should get some vest extenders to give you a bit more life out of her vests http://www.babykind.co.uk/vestextenders.htm

Ben is still wearing some 0-3m vests with extenders.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Oh brill, i bet i wont need too many of those either. would you say 3 or 6???

My avatar
samandabismum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby samandabismum » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:09 pm

WE are getting away with 2 vest extenders as I don't wash them each time I wash the vest ) and I have lost the others somewhere :)
I am currently using wool longies at night with a long sleeve t or a long sleeve vest poppered loosely over the top with extenders, then a sleeping bag. I use longies most days as I love wool trousers and they are great in the sling but I use them over pockets so more as a trouser than a wrap. I find it great if we have a bit of a leak as they are a second barrier. Would use them over fitteds if I had enough but can't be bothered to change from pockets.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:32 pm

I have 6 but you could get away with less, they are a bit like socks for me, always disappearing - always leave them attached to the vest when you wash them otherwise you might never see them again!

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:12 pm

we use nothing but wool and have done for about a year and a half now. Jack has either knitted shorties under pjs at night, or a double layered felted pop up wrap
In the day he wears mainly wool interlock tho does have some knitted longies and shorties - the interlock looks just like normal trousers or shorts, and so replaces them,so there is no worry about clothes fitting over them! if he wears 'normal' clothes I use interlock soakers, as they are a very dense fabric,also mixed with lycra, so really not alot thicker than a wrap, especially if they are quite snug around the nappy. I havent had a leak yet!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Am deffo going to give wool a go. If i ever get any money.....

think i better get about 20 vest extenders as if they are anything like socks my kids loose atleast 2 pairs a day!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:59 pm

I would use a wool wrap under a sleepsuit at night, but usually DD wears longies at night with a top or whatever. Then il often use longies in the day with a top. sometimes they get pooped on so its good to have a spare pair of longies/wool wrap.

ive actually still got my original 3 vest extenders that i bought over 9 months ago! dont know how, i can never find one when i need it though! i bought a load of vests from tesco, cut the bottoms off and hemmed the raw edge to make a t-shirt which is great for using under tops when your child is wearing longies. i then sewed the poppers from them together to make homemade vest extenders for when she wears popper vests! much cheaper :)

id really recommend trying wool - its so excited having a custom pair knit for you, or you cann buy preloved or knit your own if youre on a budget

good luck! xx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:42 pm

gayleygoo wrote:ive actually still got my original 3 vest extenders that i bought over 9 months ago! dont know how, i can never find one when i need it though! i bought a load of vests from tesco, cut the bottoms off and hemmed the raw edge to make a t-shirt which is great for using under tops when your child is wearing longies. i then sewed the poppers from them together to make homemade vest extenders for when she wears popper vests! much cheaper :)

that's very clever :D

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat