hf1

Flip users

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Flip users

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:17 pm

those who use disposable flip inserts - would they fit in a normal LL wrap do you think? I'm thinking about using them on holiday in a couple of weeks, but don't really want to buy more wraps just for a week...

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Flip users

Postby Dora » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:19 pm

If ll wraps have a pocket at the top and bottom maybe. do they? They need to be held in place x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:25 pm

Dora wrote:If ll wraps have a pocket at the top and bottom maybe. do they? They need to be held in place x

no they don't, but I have used them with pre-folds and they are ok - DS is only 4 months so non-mobile, so I don't imagine they would move around enough to come out of the wrap? they look like giant sanitary pads, I wonder if I could use those instead as they would stick to the wrap :giggle:

The other option I have seen suggested is to use disposable inserts inside pocket nappies, so I just need to wash the pocket nappy outers - that might work?

I really want to use cloth while away, but I am worried that there is no-where to dry the nappies and no washing facilities - just can't get my head around using sposies even though that would be the easiest option I think :-(

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:26 pm

@Miss_Purple i have 3 flip wraps just sitting here waiting for bump which your more than welcome to borrow for your holiday?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:44 pm

willowherb wrote:@Miss_Purple i have 3 flip wraps just sitting here waiting for bump which your more than welcome to borrow for your holiday?

@willowherb thank-you, that's really kind. I've just had a look on amazon and the flip inserts are more expensive than buying a pack of Natybaby nappies, so I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just buy a pack of those. I will take cloth swim nappies, and a few easyfit nappies too, so if it looks like it's doable or he has a reaction to the disposables then at least I have some cloth back-up. It's supposed to be a break for me as well, so I don't want to be spending my evenings rinsing bf poo out of nappies in the bath-tub, or worrying about them blowing off the balcony while drying.

Just need to get over my 'ick' factor of using disposables - funny how you get used to what is the norm for you and change seems such a big deal!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Dont use the inserts if you buy any with a pocket just in case they disintegrate :giggle: x

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Just read the other bit-the pocket bit isnt really for movement but as wick protection iyswim x

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:57 pm

I've got an open pack of mothercare disposable inserts you can have Danika. Bought them for just in case :giggle:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks @Star02 but I have ordered some Natybaby disposables now, it was only £13 for 64 nappies which should see me through the week if I take a few easyfits too. He'll be in swim nappies a lot of the time anyway, and luckily only really poos once a day.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat