hf1

What's with time wasters on the classifieds?!

My avatar
Fudge2012
Clothie
Clothie

What's with time wasters on the classifieds?!

Postby Fudge2012 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:11 am

Sorry for the rant but getting stressed with this selling lark! I am new to this site and registered to sell on all the nappies I no longer need as there are no more babies in this house. I must admit I have a stupid amount of nappies and knew it would be hard work.

Listing a box at a time, I did the first box this week. At one point pretty much everything was pending, as people have said they wanted stuff. After wasting time sorting out postage prices and getting stuff packed up, only 2 of the buyers have bothered to pay :roll: The rest have gone days without replying. Maybe one or 2 have just been offline for days but I doubt that's the case with all of them.

I just think it's so rude! I do loads of buying and selling on my local facebook selling page and would never say I wanted something unless I def wanted it and could pay etc. If it's that they no longer want it - how hard is it to just message to say they have changed their mind? AT least then I can offer to the next person!

Sorry, I know this is a long rant, and my first post here other than on classifieds but it's so stressful! I am just a mum trying to make some funds to buy my little girls some bunk beds and decorate their new bedroom as we are moving house and I have said they can have all my selling money to do their new room up.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: What's with time wasters on the classifieds?!

Postby Rox » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:16 am

Thats unusual, never experienced it myself - but you should remember that just as you registered only to sell, many people register only to buy so its not a reflection on this board at all. Its just like any other selling page x

My avatar
Fudge2012
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Fudge2012 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks. If I had known about this site before I would of registered when I was using them as I was a bit obsessed :giggle:

But only found it when looking where I can sell my stuff. I know it happens on all selling sites but maybe I just got all the bad ones this time round! Usually it's only the odd one along with loads of good.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:05 am

it really is a shame when people don't get back to you, especially in your case when you need to sell things to help with a specific project.

Are you sure that the people who wanted them have been back on-line and seen the messages you sent them? Just in case you aren't sure, if the message you sent is still in the 'outbox' and not in 'sent', then it has not been read by the recipient.

As you yourself have said, some people don't come on each day, but if you click on their name, it takes you to thier profile and you can see when they were last on-line.

Personally, if they have not responded to you after a few days of being back on-line and having received your message, I would message again to say that you assume they don't want the nappies and you are going to offer them to the next person on the list unless they pay by xxxx date. If that date/time passes, then offer them to the next person.

I hope you sell your nappies, and yes, it is a shame you didn't find cloth nappy tree earlier, as this is a lovely community.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:21 am

I have been finding the same thing at the moment, huge amounts of time wasters that don't pay. Most annoying!

My avatar
Fudge2012
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Fudge2012 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:22 am

Thank you. Thing is, if they don't sell by the time we move in a few weeks, I am going to have to freecycle them as we simply don't have the space in the new place. But I can't really afford to freecycle them - we are talking of hundreds of pounds worth of nappies.

I am doing the NCT sale in October which will be my last attempt to sell them but there isn't really the market for them round here, hence why I haven't been able to sell these locally so far.

I just hate timewasters!

Thanks for the tips though - I will see if they have been online.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:33 am

Oh huni :hug: the same has happened to me many many times xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:47 pm

What a shame! Do look at people's feedback too and if you have major issues with time wasting use the feedback too as that is what it is there for.

As you have such time restrictions maybe say that you need payment within a certain time to try to speed the whole process up?

Good luck with it all :hug:

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:16 pm

i had trouble with the same thing last time i put some nappies up for sale. hadn't listed any for quite a while before that but listed loads over the past few years and never had a problem before, think its a recent thing.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat