hf1

What am i doing wrong Re: drybees?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

What am i doing wrong Re: drybees?

Postby nic1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:03 am

I have the size large one i swapped with a lady and it has been absolutely fine, no leaks etc. So i got that new drybees but in a medium off Ebay that i posted pics of the other day. It's been on Evie again this morning for about 2 hours max and leaked again, down the legs, even though the inserts weren't very wet.

I love my fuzzis and only use a thick mf insert plus a mf cloth wrapped around it and those last a good few hours, this drybees had same combo as above plus an extra thinish Hemp insert too. So thought that would be sufficient. :roll: I am sooo reluctant to give up on this nappy just yet as only now been worn twice - just can't understand why we have no problems with the size large and the medium we do :roll: :shock: Strange....

Can anyone shed any light on it at all plse? :D Where am i going wrong :?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:01 am

Is she at the upper end of the weight range for the medium?? That could be the reason if she is fine with the large?

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:13 am

Erin's did this the first few times of wearing them but don't anymore. I thought it was because they were a bit too big (they still are!)

Maybe it just needs a few washes.

x

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:25 am

clothmama wrote:Is she at the upper end of the weight range for the medium?? That could be the reason if she is fine with the large?

Good point tory, yes think she may be, yet the medium seems to fit her better than the Large :? Off to look at the suggested weight range for the drybees. I haven't had Evie weighed for months though so will have to guesstimate abit. :D

EDITED TO ADD - Yes says upto 22lbs and Evie was 21lbs 4oz way back in about Jan. Yet the fit seems fine. Maybe it isn't then. Hope i don't have to sell it on. I will perservere for abit longer to see if it does indeed improve with a few more washes. If not then i will have to sell it :cry:
Last edited by nic1 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:42 pm

maybe they are stuffed too much so that the leg elastic is pulled away from the leg and the wee is not absorbed before it pours out the legs. Perhaps try just one microfibre insert and the hemp booster.

Or are the inserts too wide for the pocket?

HTH how annoying when it is such a gorgeous nappy :cry:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:37 pm

babyroo wrote:maybe they are stuffed too much so that the leg elastic is pulled away from the leg and the wee is not absorbed before it pours out the legs. Perhaps try just one microfibre insert and the hemp booster.

Or are the inserts too wide for the pocket?

HTH how annoying when it is such a gorgeous nappy :cry:

The fleece inner part seems to pull around the leg elastic so there's not any room for wee to run down IYSWIM. I am reluctantly thinking i may sell/swap it. :cry: I really love the colourway and nappy itself too. At least the large drybees is working for us. :?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:55 pm

Sorry Nic but it does just sound like you need the larger size :cry:

Annette

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Charliemum wrote:Sorry Nic but it does just sound like you need the larger size :cry:

Annette

I know....booohoooooo!!!!! oh well i live and learn! :lol:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:19 pm

It's now in the process of being swapped for a 1st class baby AIO!! :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat