hf1

Do I really need NB/XS size?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Do I really need NB/XS size?

Postby Mareth » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 am

With Rhys I never used newborn sized nappies, he was in cloth from day 3 (will be in the hospital this time, no matter what they say! LOL) and just went straight into small bamboozles.

What do you reckon? Do I really need XS, or is it just buying for buying's sake?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Do I really need NB/XS size?

Postby Louise » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:11 am

How much did Rhys weigh? My last 2 were pretty tiny (and skinny with it) so we definitely needed them! Smalls drowned them. You might get away with smalls/size 1 if you have a bigger baby and you don't mind a massive bum! :lol:

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:12 am

We used XS for Oscar, but I didn't have enough for full time. We used them for about 5 weeks? He was way too small for smalls. Mine were mostly pre loved though :thumbsup:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:13 am

He was 8lb6oz (ish, they made a mistake weighing him, so I don't actually know his birth weight :cry: )

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:18 am

Mareth wrote:He was 8lb6oz (ish, they made a mistake weighing him, so I don't actually know his birth weight :cry: )

:( You may be ok with smalls then if this baby is a similar size. (Both mine were 6lb something and some smalls fit around 9/10lbs I think)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:22 am

W was 9lb 2 and we used xs

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 am

Ewan was a touch over 9lbs and we went straight into smalls (nippa tots bots and similar supplemented with terry squares) with no problems. He had a huge bum but I didn't mind that and the containment was fine.

He was in poppered down BG v3 at a couple of weeks old :giggle:

That said, you can pick up PL XS reasonably cheaply and they are sweet :widesmile:

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:05 am

Mine went straight into smalls. Fin was 9lbs and Pat was 7lb 12 but lost 1lb in the first week. Never had a problem with containment. We used Sandy's, LL and Bimbles.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:24 am

It depends, i think. If you think bubs might be on the smaller side or don't like the bulky bum look then it's worth investing in some XS. Both my girls were 6lbs ish at birth and we couldn't have done without our NB nappies - smalls came up to Ms armpits :giggle: Plus, I :love: teeny tiny NB nappies!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat