Do I really need NB/XS size?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Do I really need NB/XS size?

Postby littlesez » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:34 am

Izzy was 8lbs and striaght into little lambs, they were fine fit wise but just really bulky.we also used large terry squares. this time i will do the same but couldnt resist some XS nappies/ small terries. I dont NEED them i just want them :giggle:

My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clothpixie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:31 pm

My elder two were 3lbs 7oz and 4lbs 12oz as they were prem but Mikey was 8lbs 6oz.
I've got 12 newborn/size0/xs just in case I need them really. Bought preloved so not a huge
expense and will sell on easily enough if not needed I think.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:32 pm

I debated this, but the XS nappies were just too teeny and cute to resist :giggle: I have a decent stash of XS nappies but they were all bought pre loved or on very good offers so will hopefully make back similar to what I paid for them :wink:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:11 pm

LOL So it would appear that XSes are something I will definitely NEEEEEED at least one of, even if they only fit for one day, purely for cuteness factor, if nothing else! :hohoho:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Oh of course you NEEEED them, and I'm sure someone out there will want to buy some PL XS nappies from those of you you have them.... ;)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:21 pm

sim wrote:Oh of course you NEEEED them, and I'm sure someone out there will want to buy some PL XS nappies from those of you you have them.... ;)

Personally I have found it really hard to sell my nb nappies, I still have quite a few of them. :(

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Lauren was 6lb 11oz and we used nb/xs. The rest of our stash is BTP though and I didn't think they would be any good on a newborn. She outgrew them pretty quickly though as she had chunky thighs :giggle: Emma was in disposables for 3-4 months but I think she'd have used the nb/xs longer if we had them as although she was heavier, she had slimmer thighs. I really think it depends on the size and shape of your baby. I bought a few of them preloved (all in great condition as they only last a month or so) and some in the special offers in RNW. I sold pretty much all of them for almost the same prices I paid, and just hung on to a couple of aplix ones to use on the teddies/dolls :D

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Louise wrote:
sim wrote:Oh of course you NEEEED them, and I'm sure someone out there will want to buy some PL XS nappies from those of you you have them.... ;)

Personally I have found it really hard to sell my nb nappies, I still have quite a few of them. :(

This... I just about gave away what I had. I've got about 4 left!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:29 pm

Nathan was 8lb 6 and Jacob 7 lb 13. we definitely needed the xs/nb for the first 3 weeks or so.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat