Ecobubs?

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Ecobubs?

Postby rachyrach » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:54 am

Hi all

Anyone tried an ecobubs? Stumbled across them during my 'night nappy plunge' research!
They look beautiful!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Ecobubs?

Postby flutterby » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:56 am

Charliesam (sorry don't know real name) has just bought one, ask her, I really want t he pink and choc stripe one!!!!!

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachyrach » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:13 pm

I know, that's the one i had my eye on too! Lovely isn't it!
Thanks for offer of baby beehinds! I have just bought a preloved one off slumberlion so will give it a go and let you know how I get on. Just need to get a wrap for it. More shopping, oh dear!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:23 pm

yes i have one :D :D :D
i tried it on sam yesterday and no problems but he only had it on 2-3 hours when he "christened" it with a no.2 :hohoho:
so it has been washed and is back hanging up to dry. no leaks and really good fit and quite slim so impressed so far but i need to try it out for longer before can give full opinion!
i'm not sure about overnight i would not use on sam -the pocket does not seem that big and opens at the front but sam is a heavy wetter so maybe ok on someone else.

sarahx

ps flutterby - i think summer NEEEEDS to try one too for research purposes :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:39 pm

I've seen this and although they look pretty I'm not sure I see the point of a wool and PUL pocket? Or am I missing the point here? ;) :lol:

Not keen on front opening pockets either so I think I'll give it a miss...

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:12 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I've seen this and although they look pretty I'm not sure I see the point of a wool and PUL pocket? Or am I missing the point here? ;) :lol:

I'm with you on that one, I don't see the point in having wool and PUL either. :? I want to try a nappeco though when the website is back up. :D

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachyrach » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:18 pm

i thought the same thing. Surely having PUl means that the wool can't do what it is supposed to? They have got good reviews for night time though. Maybe I'll just keep looking!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:27 pm

i must admit although looks good i agree with the pul/wool issue and i am hoping to try a wool only pocket- keep looking at nappeco site also another downside is washing i'm not sure about this it says you can just wash them with your other nappies but i can't find a temp, today i put in with clothes at 40 as i do nappies at 60 and wasn't sure wool would be ok. not sure that the wool adds anything if it is not lanolinised IYKWIM,, however wil go a full trial tomorrow :mrgreen:

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:17 pm

I think the wool is supposed to work as a back up, but as its not lanolised I am guessing its heavily felted. Some people have raised issues about washing in with a normal detergant, as they are not recommended for wool, but I guess PUL wont be damaged by a wool wash or 'soft' detergant. It has been said that normal detergant will cause a breakdown of the fibres, and also the alkalinity has the potential to destabilise the dyes.
I am guessing its more the deal that people like the wool fabric as an outer, not that it really functions as wool, and alot of people seem to really like them

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat