hf1

Nappy cake - wwyd?

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Nappy cake - wwyd?

Postby Twinkletoes » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Dh's work very kindly gave him a lovely nappy cake today, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

It's got dozens of sposies in it! It's such a kind thought, I feel bad for not using it. But... I don't think I can use that many sposies. He's 4 weeks old today and not worn one since the one they put on him at delivery.

Dd was thrilled with it and opened it, so it's no longer all pretty looking.

Sooooo, what would you do with it?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Nappy cake - wwyd?

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Put it back together & keep to pass on as a gift to non-cloth friend/family
That's what I did with all Johnsons products etc I was given, wasn't going to use but silly to waste!

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:24 pm

I was given a nappy cake for Aaliyah - I dismantled it and gave the sposies to a friend with newborn twins and kept the bits out of it that I would get some use from (bibs, socks etc) x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:27 pm

pinksalmon2001 wrote:I was given a nappy cake for Aaliyah - I dismantled it and gave the sposies to a friend with newborn twins and kept the bits out of it that I would get some use from (bibs, socks etc) x

that's what I would do too.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:41 pm

We got one too, but got through the sposies as most of our NB stash was immediatly too small for James! I think there was about 1 pack total in there so not that many. Could you find a woman's refuge to give the nappies to? They seem to always be in need of nappies. I gave away loads of jonsons things and similar. Felt bad, but better than them going dusty on the shelf!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:09 pm

I would keep them in case you use them and then donate them to a local refuge/charity.

My avatar
katherineeah1
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby katherineeah1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 pm

There's bound to be one family member you ask to babysit at some point that would rather use a disposable. Would you feel comfortable keeping them spare in case of family emergencies?

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat