I need a completely new nappy system.

My avatar
sugarplum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

I need a completely new nappy system.

Postby sugarplum » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 pm

so i currently use motherease os.
they are ok but bulky- leak at night and despit stripping a million times give dd nappy rash but not DS.
i need a really easy to use nappy so something like a 2 parter but it needs to be shaped or stuffable as im rubish with prefolds and i hate.... 'HATE' fleece so no fleece!!
BV or OV fine though.
Im happy for BTP or s,m l and i have wool for night as covers,
what shall i buy????????.
Ive had the motherease for my last 5 kids but they are not quite absorbant enough for DS who is my 5th baby as they are very thread bare and old. (they were nearly new when i got them!! lol)
im happy to spend whatever for a completely new system as i want to have more children in the future (by gods grace).
let me know what you recommend ladies.
also i must add we dont have great drying space so something that will withstand the odd tumble dry- of course not tumbling PUL , but that the absorbant bit will withstand the odd tumble when the weather permitts as in the summer its line drying all the way!!!!
:wine: ive had a few glasses of wine tonight (no longer BF- yay my boobs are mine again!!!!) and the idea suddenly dawned on me ' lets look at new nappies' lol
dh is looking unimpressed that im choosing to spent my saturday evening looking at cloth! :widesmile:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: I need a completely ne nappy system.

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:53 pm

I would strongly recomend the TB bamboozles. The are really slim but super absorbant. I think they are fab nappies and loved using them.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: I need a completely new nappy system.

Postby Sunset » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 pm

:wave:

@sugarplum

My avatar
sugarplum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sugarplum » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:01 pm

hi @sunset.
just noticed yesterday that the tree is back up and running again!!!
whos running it now??

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:05 am

Second totsbots bamboozle stretch! Really great nappy. We use along side bamboo little lambs, tb easyfits and bum genius pockets.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:29 am

How about Green Panda nappies, a lot of people on here rate them. Esp if you are already using wool to cover them. You certainly got your monies worth out of your motherease! Good luck finding a nappy system that works for you, you've come to the right place to ask advice anyway!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 pm

How heavy a wetter is she? I've not managed to get a day nappy to last overnight past about 4months old! Do u lije side snaps or front snapping nappies? We don't get a v good fit with front snapping!
Our fitted stash is mainly dunk n fluff,fluff n stuff, few bububebes btp but they have a pretty low rise I find.
I am waiting for a looby lus day nappy and fancy trying a rosie boo.I love the fit of our HL and tweedlebum and tweedlebee fitteds.At night we use luscious little somethings night nappies,little gumnut all hours,HL bedbug plus.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 pm

I'd also recommend green panda or tots bots bamboozles love them :-)

My avatar
thenappywrapstore
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby thenappywrapstore » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:46 pm

i stock the kiwi quickflips, they open out for fast drying and in tests have lasted over night.. link in my siggy..

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat