hf1

Enough for now?

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Enough for now?

Postby epsilon1 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:59 pm

I've got a number of different types of nb type nappies, and I've also started stocking up on a few larger / BTP ones as well. In the latter category I have:

2 bumgenius pockets
2 rumparooz pockets (which allegedly fit from 6lb up)
3 bumbles
4 easyfits
6 (I think) large prefolds
18 60cm terry squares, and
4 medium motherease wraps

ETA: Oh, and a couple of bamboozle stretchies, which I think are bigger than nb, I'd have to check...

I'm quite tempted by Bum Deal nappies too - I've only seen positive reviews, but they seem to have very efficient customer service / delivery, and are reasonably priced, so not a big deal to buy new.

It occurred to me that if I produce a larger baby, (not very likely given we were both long, skinny babies of around 7lb) or one that just grows fast that I'd potentially have a bit of a panic on when all the bimbles / teenyfits / nb ov swaddlebees etc start getting too small.

My avatar
babasmama
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Enough for now?

Postby babasmama » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:13 pm

I only have 20 nappies for the 7lb to 16lb stage that my Lo has just about grown out of. So I think that's plenty!
However, I plan on 20 two parters again and about 10 pockets for the next stage. If I ever need anymore for holidays etc i will hire them :)

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Hippychick » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Wait and see what size/shape bubba is first! Yes, that sounds like enough for now, but when does that stop us ?? :)

My avatar
deralia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby deralia » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:11 am

depends how long they take to dry? my newborn goes through about 10 nappies a day, also she has nappy off time at home with a prefold underneath so a couple of them are washed daily too. i do one load of nappy washing a day but they take two days to dry generally, i hang them on our indoor clothes rack for one day then over the radiator for one day (our radiator is on 6 hours a day) so i can have 20 nappies drying at a time, and have another 10 in use! i have mainly tots bots bamboozles in the old style, with the partly sewn in booster for quicker drying(!) if you have a tumble dryer obviously its a different story.... maybe have a test run of drying when you prewash?

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat