hf1

Suggestions/advice plse!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Suggestions/advice plse!

Postby nic1 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:49 pm

C&P from originally putting it in Tues. night cloth bums thread and then thinking most of you wouldn't see it there:

Evies legs are very very sore, she's got a long line of blistery marks where the elastic has been rubbing her, mainly only on one side, wonder if i have done it too tight at that side. It comes and goes but does look sore today, i put some bepanthan cream on it last night as it looked all red. Any other ideas as if she wears disps it does go so 99.9% sure it's the cloth doing it, thinking it's the elastic perhaps?? :? :?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Suggestions/advice plse!

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:52 pm

I wonder if it could be too tight too? I've started doing Isabelle's night nappies up looser (with no leaks thankfully) and am getting less leaks as a result... It happens less in pockets for us too.

Could it be the outside of the NN which is wet is rubbing too - have you tried using an extra HUGE fleece liner?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:54 pm

I was having problems with Ryan when we were using fitteds at night. I mainly use pockets now but if he's in a fitted I use a huge liner that sticks out and covers the leg elastic to stop the wet touching his thighs.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:35 pm

The only fitted we could use at night that didnt leave sore marks on the inside of Evies thighs, were the Bumhuggers - I think the frilled legs meant that they werent rubbing. My night notions and Quickflips left her legs very sore, the only thing that worked was using a wrap instead of wool, so the legs of the nappies didnt come in contact with the thighs as much.

Nappies by Minki were also fab, they left no marks and could be stuffed with pretty much anything for overnight. (I have 2 large ones if you are interested - was going to keep hold of them just in case, but with Evie being dry overnight we wont be needing them).

Sadie xx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:36 pm

Yep we have the same problem with fitteds rubbing and making Charlotte sore. Can only use pockets now. I have found Blueberry Side Snaps are great for her

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks girls. I may sell couple of the NN to fund a couple of minkis, think we had the slinki minkis before, well only had one nappy but it worked well but still not sure that we didn't get marks with those too.

Ermmmmm need to decide what to do!! For tonight though i am going to bob a disp on her as i can't bring myself to make them even sorer, they really look awful. :cry: :cry:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:25 pm

I seem to remember Suzanne posting about this before too. I'm sure she had a customer with the same problem and she made a fleece liner that covered both the inside and outside of the nappy, I'll see if I can find the post.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:34 pm

Mummyof3 wrote:I seem to remember Suzanne posting about this before too. I'm sure she had a customer with the same problem and she made a fleece liner that covered both the inside and outside of the nappy, I'll see if I can find the post.

Thanks hun.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 pm

Oh I remember that - it was like a tube wasnt it? Am sure if you get in touch with her Suzanne would make you one or two, save you having to sell what you have and buying more.

Sadie xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat