Nappies at the childminder

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Nappies at the childminder

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:04 am

Good news yesterday!

I took 5 bumgenius nappies to the childminder yesterday and showed her how to use them. She looked a little nervous, so I also left some disposables but said I would prefer if she used the BG nappies.

When I picked the boys up, our childminder said that the nappies were a doddle and gave me the disposables back as she wouldn't be using them :)

One less thing for me to think about then :wine:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Nappies at the childminder

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 am

Our childminder was great about the nappies, we had special nappies for Pippa and they were usually bg's, I never sent anything with poppers as I think she was a bit wary about doing them up too tight

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 am

I won't be sending any popper fastening nappies for her to use, but I might send him in some as the first nappy of the day.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 pm

When James was in nappies at nursery we used tots bots fitted nappies and wraps!
They never had any trouble!

They did insist on using a fresh wrap every time, but that I could live with!
Only once did they forget a wrap - but they never did it again!

There was one other occasion where they put both the nappy and the wrap on backwards!!!
Not sure quite how they managed it - but it still worked :)

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:32 pm

docmaggoo wrote:There was one other occasion where they put both the nappy and the wrap on backwards!!!
Not sure quite how they managed it - but it still worked :)

To be fair, with how wriggly and cheeky Isaac is, sometimes I could imagine putting things on him backwards.

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:49 pm

We have used ME sandys and ME wraps for nursery and they have coped fine. I send them in with the nappies and wraps done on the right poppers, with the wrap around the nappy and a fleece liner in, then they undo them and put them back on the poppers they were on. They even manage with washable wipes which they wet under the tap.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:11 am

docmaggoo wrote:... using a fresh wrap every time...

im going through this at the moment. I dont get how its so difficult to understand?? She's packaging the nappy and the wrap together in the monkey foot bag and then wondering why the next nappy (without wrap) leaks so fast, making out that reusables are rubbish. Well somethings rubbish-but not the nappy. Ive tried explaining it 20 times or more.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 am

Dora wrote:
docmaggoo wrote:... using a fresh wrap every time...

im going through this at the moment. I dont get how its so difficult to understand?? She's packaging the nappy and the wrap together in the monkey foot bag and then wondering why the next nappy (without wrap) leaks so fast, making out that reusables are rubbish. Well somethings rubbish-but not the nappy. Ive tried explaining it 20 times or more.

We just sent equal numbers of nappies and wraps. So they could use a clean wrap every time.
If that was what they wanted to be able to use cloth, I think it's a small price to pay.

Pick your battles I say! We just got a few extra wraps preloved - so it didn't cost that much more!

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 am

Still lives in hope that one day I'll have a mindee in cloth :widesmile: Pretty cloth :lol:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat