hf1

Newborn nappies

My avatar
katherinem
Clothie
Clothie

Newborn nappies

Postby katherinem » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:27 am

Right, so I think I'll be getting thirsties but my question is do you think I'll get away without getting the xsmall size?

My last dd was 10lbs, so I don't want to go spending money on nappies that only go upto 12lbs. The small nappy is 12lbs - 18lbs, do you think it would fit a 10lber?

I'll be getting some squares aswell, so wouldn't be stuck if I had a tiddler (but I'm doubting that'll happen). Thanks x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Newborn nappies

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:55 am

I found you can do up big nappies to make them smaller, so personally go for the size which will get the most wear!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:15 pm

Agree with Annette. I'd go for the smalls instead of the x-small. I found x-small to be teeny tiny.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:07 pm

I do agree with the girls, but I do suggest getting a couple of flat nappies or something equally adjustable just in case, terry squares are good as they are cheap and can be used for stuffing pockets later on!

I like you expected my LO to be relatively big as Jak was 8lb9.5 and was 10lb by 2 weeks, and having heard subsequent babies get bigger I want not expecting Summer to be 7lb8, and has only just reached 10lb at 3 months, was glad to have some bamboo squares, and the surprising one, bumgenius, they were an absolutely fantastic fit from birth!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:10 pm

yeap a whole 15 bamboo squares were our mainstay for a 6lb 2oz teeny one!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:12 pm

If you are using a nippa then I think you can get away with bigger nappies a bit. It does seem the right thing to do if you are expecting another big baby and squares are a good in between as they can be used for allsorts afterwards.

I would say that if you look about you may be able to pick up some small nappies very cheaply but then you'd be in competition with me LOL!!!

ETA - read you post properly now LOL!!! I have a large thirsties and I found it massive on the sizing scale but its the only one I had and can't comment on going through the weight range.
Last edited by jules070603 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:18 pm

I've found thirsties wraps fit from way below the weight range on our babies becuase they have crossover tabs, skinny waists and huge night nappies are hard to get covered, not tried their nappies but if they have crossover tabs they might be really flexible, go for a bigger size isay

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:41 pm

XS nappies are so adorable, i would probably get a couple next time just because theyre so cute! but you're right, theres not much point spending alot of money on them if they only last a few weeks. if you can get some preloved then it wouldnt be as bad. :D xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat