hf1

The problem with baked beans….

My avatar
hob029
Clothie
Clothie

Re: The problem with baked beans….

Postby hob029 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:50 pm

monsterm wrote:I can honestly say tomato/curry based stains on clothes is harder to get out than poop stains.

i hope thats true. I will just have to try and see i guess.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 pm

I put washing up liquid on stains. It always works. For my nappies, i dont get stains because i use fleece liners PLUS paper liners. My paper liners are actually wet wipes washed in the machine :laugh: they last several washes and save me a lot of money xx

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Johanna21 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:10 am

monsterm wrote:I can honestly say tomato/curry based stains on clothes is harder to get out than poop stains.

This is very true. Poop seldom stains and even leaving nappies indoors by a window seems to help! I live in the frozen wastes North of the border and we've just seen sun this week for the first time in months :yahoo:

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:18 am

I agree with this too. And even then I find that they normally come out if I pre-treat with Vanish.

Like the other ladies have said, sunlight is brill for getting stains out of nappies.

Also, just because nappies may be a bit stained, doesn't mean they aren't clean IYSWIM? Also, unlike stains on clothes, the only person who is going to see them is you and whoever else changes your LO :wink:

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:49 am

Yep, I agree too! I've never had a problem with poop stains, even when my washing machine broke and I couldn't wash nappies for a week! :puke:

My avatar
Honeywood
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Honeywood » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 pm

I have always wondered how people get out stains because nothing i did ever worked...until i discovered soda crystals. Just pop some in the tray with your washing powder and it helps soften the water and seems to get out stains. If they're really stubborn, soak the item in a bucket full of soda crystals first. I was about to throw out loads of vests covered in poop stains that I couldn't get out until i discovered that....they all cleaned up after one soak. Better than napisan which bleaches. Now i add it to every wash as they're really cheap so no harm done....x

My avatar
Mummyof4
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummyof4 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 pm

I have used vanish on my bumgenius nappies when theres been a particularly awful explosion in the curry factory!! :giggle:

I think that as long as you rinse it all out very thourougly then there is nothing wrong with it, and if you are in doubt, you could always do a strip wash on them, :washing: which will get rid of any residue.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat