Cloth on a Newborn at night?

My avatar
CupcakeMummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Cloth on a Newborn at night?

Postby CupcakeMummy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:47 pm

:wave:

Getting close to the final stretch now (well, some days I feel like I am, other days it seems AAAAGES) and very excited to use cloth ASAP once we're home.

We have stocked up on far too many disposables thanks to how many deals/vouchers I was given from various places. But I have a friend having a baby in August and she won't CD I doubt, so she can have any leftovers.

Anyway, I keep reading about night nappies - but am I correct in assuming a newborn is going to need changing at night for a while anyway until they stop pooping in the night?

When does the night pooping generally stop? I have some bamboo fitteds that I was going to use for nights (A Mama Knows, Bamboozle Stretchy, LL) will they be OK for nights to start with?

Thank you Xxxx

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Cloth on a Newborn at night?

Postby laceybat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:02 pm

my 14 week old is still pooing at night so till he stop i use sposies. i have bought holden landings bed bugs and i'm going to order some weenotion night nappies when he stops would love to get a lustiouse little somethings night nappy too

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:31 pm

i used bamboozles and LLs at night on my DS as a newborn. He would poo during most feeds so I would have change overnight but I used to pop a booster in too, so that if he did sleep for a longer stretch the nappy wouldn't leak. All babies are different with regards how often they poo but mine were not regularly pooing at 3 months.

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 pm

I have a 7 day old and have exclusively cloth bummed since birth - I just use the same nappies day and night - mostly XS greenpandas/Oww's with a wrap over the top - I change him once or twice in the night and so far not had any problems at all!

Best of luck :D

My avatar
CupcakeMummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby CupcakeMummy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks ladies.

So I'm guessing that I was right in assuming I won't differentiate between night and day nappies to start, or if I do maybe I'll use bamboo at night just in case she doesn't poo so she can go a little longer without a change.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:40 pm

It totally depends on your baba! My older 3 pooed at every feed so needed changing during the night anyway. DD3 however didn't and was sleeping a good 5-6 hour stretch from v early on. She was a heavy wetter as a newborn so we couldn't use our day fitteds and wool without leaks. Little Gumnut All Hours are what I used at night from about 2/3 weeks old. I wouldn't buy any specific night nappies until baby is here.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat