95%
No
5%

Total votes : 22
My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Should I just give in and use disps?

Postby cherobanne » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:20 am

I voted yes too. I've used cloth when we've been away in the UK but think I'd use disps if going further away. Enjoy the wee break from the washing, and you'll appreciate all his lovely nappies all the more when you get back. :)

Joanne

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:34 am

If your really worried about it why dont you use eco ones then you dont have to worry about the landfill as much. If going overseas I'd use disp too.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:56 am

Use disps. You could always just take night nappies and use those at night?
you cud do with a break from washing xx :babytongue:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:54 pm

I voted yes too.

I agree with the others in that there is a place for sposies. I don't think I would want to lug all Bella's nappies abroard with us and I would be worried, if she did a real stinker on the plane, that somehow the smell would get out of the wetbag (unlikely I know) and cause the plane to stink!!

Give yourself a break from all the washing and have fun. He'll be back in his lovely cloth again soon enough :)

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:22 pm

OK I will give myself a break (I was just thinking about trying out the g flushable inserts) but think I can treat myself to a break and then not have to worry about them getting mistreated in a different washing machine.

Might just use his new minki wraps over disps to make his bum bigger :wink:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:56 pm

Too late to make a difference, but I vote NO - only joking, I voted YES!! If ever there was an excuse to use a sposie then this is it - you would spend your holidays washing nappies, and it seems like your suitcase will be full enough on the way home. Nature Babycare are the ones we used when we had to and I found them very good.

Sadie xx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:07 pm

:hohoho: Sadie!

I haven't yet told Robert we will not be using our normal nappies while we are away! We have naturecare nappies upstairs and some hu88ies and probably something else too - just to see how many packs I actually have :roll:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Agree with others, you need room in that suitcase to bring back fluff!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:39 pm

I agree too. The reason for buying aqll that stuff from the US was to save money - if you can't fit it all in then that's not going to work :mrgreen: And as you've got the nappies anyway, that will clear a bit of space in your house too ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat