hf1

Wee notions experts

My avatar
lollipuppie
Clothie
Clothie

Wee notions experts

Postby lollipuppie » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:47 pm

So i just discovered Wee Notions... This is gonna be an expensive discovery im sure :widesmile:

I am new to cloth... and all things baby really. My son is now 4 weeks old and weighs about 4.6kg.

Does any of you have the different styles of WN diapers and have compared them?
I am not sure if i should pick the AI2, The sized pockets (M i guess?) or the OS Pockets...

The AI2 appeals to me because as long as he does not poop i can use my beautiful customized cover several times. But is it absorbent enough?
As for the pockets they have the advantage of being stuffable with whatever inserts and being boostable.
How are the OS on younger children? Will it fit a normal sized 2 month old or be too bulky?

:-? It is a quite expensive diaper, so would hate to get the wrong one...

So hit me with all your cloth wisdom :happy:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Wee notions experts

Postby Shaunie » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Oh yes the Wn discovery could hit your paypal hard :lol:

I have never used a one size WN but have always found OS nappies too bulky and a poor fit on small babies. I prefer them once they get the the miiddle rise settings.

In terms of absorbancy, I doubt there's little difference between AI2 or a pocket nappy, especially if you plan to boost but do be mindful of what you use to boost so that you don't get leg gape. Size wise I would def choose M as their S are really small IMO!

Hopefully someone else will be along with more info for you. I have tried WN OS, pocket, AI2 and fitteds on my boys and liked them all!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:29 pm

I've only used their A12's and night nappies. I have to say that I always have the intention of re-using the shell but never do even when its only a wee. I just find it more of a faff to take off the nappy, take the wet inserts out, put in new ones (all while stopping a baby from flinging themselves off a changing table) and then get the nappy back on. its much easier to pull a fresh one out and stick that on.

But i LOVE their nappies and all my kids have had a personalised one. ANd I might possibly buy Lola another A12 and or night nappy. Her bottom is completely dry after 13 hours in a WNNN! (and I mean bone dry not even damp)

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:17 pm

I prefer the sized pockets to the onesize, also i hate stuffing pockets so therefore would rather use the ai2s. i always got the 6 layer insert for dd and as pp have said i never actually re-used the shell as it was always damp. I wash them with the inserts still attached too.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:20 pm

I have a couple of OS pockets, which fitted lovely from about 8 weeks and still fit my chunky monkey now at 19 months. I find that p'tit dessous bamboo inserts work great in them.
I also have a couple of AI2s which fit lovely, they are side-snap rather than front fastening. They are a higher rise than the OS. As for absorbency - the inserts hold huge amounts of pee!
Have fun customising your nappies, it's so hard to choose! :love:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat