hf1

Minkee or fleece lined?

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Minkee or fleece lined?

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:57 am

What would you choose for a pocket lining and why? is fleece more stay dry? I'm having a hard time choosing because minkee stays looking great (and feels so luxurious)) for much longer and I'm guessing more stain resistant, but the fleece seems to be more stay dry :? help me decide.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Minkee or fleece lined?

Postby flutterby » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:34 pm

I would choose minkee over fleece anytime, mainly because it doesn't stain at all, even less than fleece and washes soo beautifully, and if I had to wear a nappy I've want it to be minkee lined, and I've not found it to be any less stay dry than fleece!

Prior warning though, you may not be a naughty mummy like me but if you are and would consider not prewashing, THINK AGAIN, minkee seems to repel liquids until after the first wash, and you end up with major leaks ( wee pouring out of the leg and waist holes) I learnt the hard way, lol!

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:46 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: Thanks for the warning! it's not often I put on a brand new nappy on without prewashing but sometimes I get overcome with the excitment of new fluff I do succumb :oops:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:14 pm

I prefer fleece - minkee does feel lovely when it goes on but I don't think it keeps the bum as dry - I sometimes end up putting in a fleece liner!

My avatar
katherinem
Clothie
Clothie

Postby katherinem » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:37 pm

I find minkee inners to be as stay dry as fleece inners - infact, I think they're dryer! Plus they're impossible to stain. So it's minkee for me too.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat