hf1

Not getting on with cloth this time :-(

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Not getting on with cloth this time :-(

Postby twirlygirly » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:33 am

DS2 is 8 weeks. We've been in cloth for about a month now. Some of the newborn nappies I bought were too small by the time we started. I really liked the swaddlebee simplex but only have one of those and it won't fit for much longer. We've mainly used ME Sandy XS's but he soaks them very quickly and we have to change clothes most of the time. I think they are getting a bit small so I might try the small sandys I have.
He was over 12lbs 2 weeks ago and has quite chunky thighs but is also long.
The water here is hard and we do have a tumble drier but I prefer to air dry.
Any suggestions for nappies to try?
2 parters or aio's or even pockets though I never liked pockets with my other 2. I have an aversion to microfibres, it sets my teeth on edge.
Thanks in advance x

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Not getting on with cloth this time :-(

Postby scarlet » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:49 am

Green panda nappies are very popular for new babies , what wraps are you using with the nappies you have? Sounds like time to sell a few on and try something new! X

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twirlygirly » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:57 am

Using thirsties duo and motherease rikki. Yeah I think I will get selling.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:58 am

Have you tried wool longies or soakers , these may help you get more time out of your nappies and less leaks!!

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:13 am

try these hun, you can order one of each size per household.

http://www.littlelambnappies.com/front- ... trial-pack

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twirlygirly » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:54 am

scarlet wrote:Have you tried wool longies or soakers , these may help you get more time out of your nappies and less leaks!!

Never tried wool, how does that work?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:25 pm

You would use wool instead of a pul cover. It basically allows the mositure to evaporate so the wool outer stays dry. It helps with heavy wetters because the excess wee that would cause a leak evaporates slowly instead.

If you're looking for more AIO's I can highly reccomend more simplex. Lola is a whopping 23lb already and just outgrowing the rise on a medium, but still have loads of room in the one size. She is a heavy wetter too and i have no problem with them,

I am getting back into line drying them now the sun is out, so they are great to dry that way too.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Hiya,
I never got on with the Sandies with duo or rikki wrap combination as the extra material at the legs in the Sandies would stick out and wick. Perhaps this is what is happening to you too? Those wraps never leaked with any of my other nappies or prefolds. Hth
X

My avatar
bealos
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bealos » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:00 pm

I found Motherease Airflow wraps worked better with my sturdy, chunky legged boy. The Rikki wraps seem to fit my skinny girl better!

You could try bamboo or microfibre fitteds. I'm looking at the reviews on this sites and others and tempted by the Tots Bots Stretchy Bamboozles.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat