hf1

How much attention do you pay to weight range?

My avatar
wrenma
Clothie
Clothie

How much attention do you pay to weight range?

Postby wrenma » Wed May 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi all -

I've just found a nappy that fits my super skinny 16 month old really well - motherease sandys size small - but when I rang up to order some more the sales lady talked me out of them because, at 20 lbs, my little girl is at the upper limit of their weight range. I suspect that the large size will be too large (like other brand size 2s). Just wondered how accurate others find the weight ranges?

TIA x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How much attention do you pay to weight range?

Postby Louise » Wed May 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Not accurate at all. I never ever go by weight range but by measurements as all babies are different shapes and sizes even if they weigh the same different nappies will fit differently.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed May 08, 2013 3:58 pm

I never pay attention to weight ranges at all.

Ive had two teeny skinny babies so the weight range has never worked for us.
I go by measurements, and often just trying something on to see how it fits IRL.

I don't go by ages on clothes either :giggle:

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:40 pm

If they fit well at 16 months, the chances are they will carry on fitting for a good long while, maybe even until pt! Pay no attention to the weight range, if it fits, it fits!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed May 08, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm with the others, go with what you know fits.

My avatar
wrenma
Clothie
Clothie

Postby wrenma » Wed May 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Thank you lovely ladies :D my little one was teeny like yours docmaggoo (5lb 14oz) and a heart condition keeps her very slim but normal-ish height so it has been a challenge to find something that has small leg openings with enough height in the body! Her thighs have got even slimmer now she's running around all over the place so hopefully these will last through pt Mum of 5! Thanks again :wine:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed May 08, 2013 6:43 pm

I suppose what the lady on the phone was thinking is that whilst they may fit now, they may not for long. I dont pay attention to sizes as such -all makes are different-but i have always had that annoying not in one size, not quite the other thing happen which gets on my nerves. Also some larger sizes are more absorbant which may suit some lo's better once they start eating, drinking, weeing more etc x

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:40 pm

What poppers is she on in the small sandy. My daughter is 8 months and on the tightest waist but loosest leg of small sandys but fits on all the tightest poppers on large sandys.

My son still fitted in small sandys at 20 months (about 22lb).

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu May 09, 2013 2:27 pm

My little man still fit into teenyfits at 1 year, and he was in age 2-3 clothing at the time! iu pay no attention to weight ranges in the slightest

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat