hf1

If you could start your stash again?

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

If you could start your stash again?

Postby labbiefan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:26 am

If you knew what you knew now, what nappies would you buy???

I've tried loads and mainly use bg, BUT if I was starting again I'd go for a stash of tb strentchies, with me wraps.

What would you go for?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: If you could start your stash again?

Postby sim » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:36 am

I'm getting on really well with size 1 LL bamboos for Lachlan, with ME wraps or wool over the top. The only leak was down to user error....
Now he's a bit bigger the small Dunk n fluffs and weenotions are fitting really well too so I think they will be the brands that make up the bulk of his medium stash, though I am tempted to try Bamboozle stretch as an option...

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:22 am

I really like stretchies, I've only got 6 of a 40 ish stash!
I like them because they are lovely and soft and not too bulky and never leaked. If I could afford it I'd go to using them all the time, but my second cloth bottomed baby is 9 months so can't justify the cost when the nappies I have do the job.
If I have #3 I'm going to treat myself lol! X

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:50 am

My first stash were Alvababy pockets (DH not convinced and looking for an easy and cheap nappy) and because of theme I decided I really like cloth (but don't like how they fit on my DD2 and not really happy with the fact that they need to be changed every 2,3 hours. Don't mind having to chance often but I don't like having to watch the clock :giggle: )
Now number 3 is on here way and I did treat myself :yahoo: .(It's my BD this sunday, just an extra reason :giggle: )
orderd lollipop bamboo to try and am very happy with them and had no leaks so far :yahoo:
Waiting for a very big box of fluffy mail . Already received 4 Blueberry coveralls :dancing:
Just want to :yahoo: (DH already thinks I'm a bit nuts so had to share with you lovely ladies)

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 pm

This is something I am thinking about at the moment to be honest.

Now Isaac is at the childminders and uses pockets mostly there, im thinking about what I want to use at home at the weekend :giggle:

We had some new bumgenius when Oliver was born and these have been passed on to Isaac but the rest of the stash was pre loved and really needs replacing. So I'm slowly going through and replacing the one size pockets we have.

Isaac has grown out of the size 1 fitteds and most have now been sold, but I really want some more in size 2.

Sorry for the ramble!

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:12 pm

i'm so glad you're getting some reliable nappies @mamavan2 so exciting!

i'm not sure what I would have bought, but I can tell you that I wouldn't have bought wonderoos v1s! not at all appropriate for my skinny boys and even at 2 1/2 years old we're still getting regular leaks out of the sides on the med setting.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:45 pm

I wouldn't have bought BumGenius with my daughter that's for sure!

I also wouldn't have doubled my stash of Smartipants when I was expecting the boys, only because I can't fit that many in the machine!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 pm

I would have made the move straight to wahm fitteds and wool from scratch instead of trying about a gazillion pockets only to discover they were all rubbish. Bah! X

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Pockets with applix were a mistake. I would hwve a stash of tbs stretchies and nature babies or covrrall wrsps

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat