My avatar
BethRich
Clothie
Clothie

Just not feeling the love

Postby BethRich » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi All,
I'm after some advice.
After successfully using easyfit v2s on my 2yr old from birth to potty training, I went ahead and bought a full set of 20 v3s for my now 4 month old daughter.
They just don't fit her!! They scrunch down and the velcro rubs her poor tummy and sticks in. I've tried fastening the tabs lower, but then they rub her legs.
I didn't think it was bothering her too much until I gave her a massage this evening and she cried when I massaged her 'sore spots'. Feeling very guilty, poor little lady!
I'm really cross that I'm going to have to buy more after spending so much money already! I know I can sell them on but it's still a lot of money (and time!) lost.

RANT OVER!!

The real reason for this post is to ask for some recommendations for new nappies please.
I want to spend as little as possible and want something extra comfy!! Maybe poppers would be better?
I'd also like them to be pretty!!

Thanks x

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Just not feeling the love

Postby paw foot » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi

We are also not feeling the tots bot love here, despite me not having a heavy wetter, he just soaks straight through them and I don't love them enough to boost, I'd rather have a pocket I like. Good news is lots of people love tots so you should get some money back per nappy or consider swapping them for other nappies.

The best thing to do before you buy loads of another type is to try some different ones.. The reviews and cloth nappy question section on here are great for giving you a starting point. A few This time round I love fuzzi elite (poppers) and sized, wee notions are great for pockets, fitted and wraps and tick the pretty box, grew panda fitted (wee notion or thirstie wrap) are good for heavy wetters.

Sure the other ladies will be able to give you some further advise

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:40 pm

The v3 have minkee inner instead of bamboo which makes them saggy and not as absorbent in my opinion.
There is so much choice out there, do you want carry on with pockets/AIO or change to fitteds?
We mostly used BG but not that pretty, Blueberry make nice pockets, wee notions if you want to spend a bit more.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:05 am

I completely agree. I LOVED V2 on my twins, and desperately wanted to love V3's they are so soft and nice and the PUL is nice too. But no. The velcro rubs on my fatty's tummy too and the fit is just awful.

There are so many different AIO's/pockets to try, so maybe buy one or two of a few different brands then go from there. I really like swaddlebees, but not sure you can get them readily in the UK.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:43 am

I don't like Velcro fastening nappies at all for that reason (plus generally once babies are past a certain age they are able to undo it easily and take nappies off! We use pretty WAHM pockets and AI2s here.

I love the look of the new Wee Notions PUL pockets. £34.50 for 6 (although you'll need to buy inserts on top of that) Image

Or embroidered ones for £55.50

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:05 am

Ooh they look great, if only I had a full time cloth bum to put them on :giggle:

My avatar
BethRich
Clothie
Clothie

Postby BethRich » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks so much for all your replies!
I love the look of the weenotions pockets, and such a good price. The inserts seem quite expensive though, £5 each, when the nappies themselves are only £6. Do you know of anything else I could stuff them with that wouldn't cost so much?
I'd definitely consider fitters also but they all seem to have Velcro fastening and I'm a bit worried about buying anything with velcro now!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Louise wrote:I don't like Velcro fastening nappies at all for that reason (plus generally once babies are past a certain age they are able to undo it easily and take nappies off! We use pretty WAHM pockets and AI2s here.

I love the look of the new Wee Notions PUL pockets. £34.50 for 6 (although you'll need to buy inserts on top of that) Image

Or embroidered ones for £55.50

Thank god I don't need any more!!!!! they look gorgeous

My avatar
BethRich
Clothie
Clothie

Postby BethRich » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Do you think I'd have the same problem with stretches? Are they exactly the same shape as easyfits?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat