hf1

Potty training/reusable pull-ups?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Potty training/reusable pull-ups?

Postby Dora » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 pm

In the near future im going to have a think about what to buy for my lo and i'd like a heads up on what people thought was good or not so good. Ideally i'd like something attractive (any good wahm products out there?) and able to fit with the trillion of boosters I already have...:giggle: x

My avatar
throwa
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Potty training/reusable pull-ups?

Postby throwa » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Not very helpful, but I just bought 2x multi packs of character normal pants (Thomas and Bob the Builder) so I could say 'you don't want to get Thomas wet now do you?' which was very effective. Also meant any horrendous accidents could just be thrown away...,

That way he didn't get confused between nappies and pants, and the one time I tried training pants the wee just escaped anyway... Yes I had to carry spare clothes (and socks and on one memorable occasion shoes as well) around with me but it was cheap and he trained in a week :-)

Sorry to not be able to actually help though !

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks for this :) its nice to hear different viewpoints.

(Ewww to the shoe scenario though :giggle:) xx

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:19 am

We got a free pair of Tinkle Time Trainers from Ladder Hill Designs (on Hyena Cart). They were well made, but I wouldn't ever have trusted them with Iris (who could flood a ridiculously boosted nappy at the best of times; a trainer would have been useless! No reflection on LHD! They seem great, but for a heavy wetter, no trainers are going to cut the mustard.). Like the PP, we preferred to go straight to real underwear. Choosing the prints was half the fun for Moo. I'll do the same when Callum starts to show interest.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat