Opinions pls?

My avatar
MollyMoppet
Clothie
Clothie

Opinions pls?

Postby MollyMoppet » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi ladies,
I'm using TB bamboozle stretch ATM but they seem very wide between DD's legs (she's 6.5 mths)

Came across a US website with rise & crotch measurements that got me wondering if I shouldn't try some that are slimmer between the legs. The difference can be easily 2 or 3 inches which is really a lot!

I'm probably overthinking, I know the shape of cloth nappies is good for their hips but now that she wants to practice standing & walking will all that bulk not get in the way? I know it would make me walk funny :giggle:

Is it worth trying slimmer ones? In that case I might be looking at sized rather than BTP, which stretchies kind of are.

Thanks!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Opinions pls?

Postby sim » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:01 pm

They are quite wide through the crotch (I'm using them as night nappies on my 3 month old).

The shape of a nappy and where it fastens has a big impact on fit. I prefer side snapping nappies - dunk n fluff smalls are current faves, along with a lone guerilla fluff I have (both US made) and the Weenotions northern lights.
I don't generally like front fastening nappies (really not getting on with the itti bittis I have) but am liking the front snap Green Panda I was given (UK made) - it's pretty slim fitting. I'm planning to order some mediums but get side snaps as I prefer the adjustability.

Sized nappies definitely give a better fit than one sized / BTP IMO.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Opinions pls?

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:55 pm

I agree with Sim. I love side snap. They fit my 2 (one super chunky and one very slim) really well. I use pockets so can't recommend fitteds. We use Weenotions AIO's, Bottom Bumpers one size (very slim, these make up the majority of our stash now) and pocketbots.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat