hf1

Booster confusion, help!

My avatar
Colacube83
Clothie
Clothie

Booster confusion, help!

Postby Colacube83 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:47 pm

So I've just switched to cloth and now have a full stash of easyfits which I love. I use one extra booster in each which is working well for me. I bought them from all different places, some new, most preloved including the boosters.

The nappies dry unbelievably fast but the boosters take forever, especially air drying inside. I just assumed that this was always the case but I was a couple of boosters short so ordered some Tots Bots ones from an ebay seller and when I washed them they came out of the machine bone dry, I couldnt believe it!

So I am now looking to replace all my boosters to these incredibly fast drying ones but have no idea what material they are made out of and the ebay seller doesnt have any more! The old ones feel more like terry towelling but the new ones are much softer. What should I be looking for?

Please help ladies, I need your advice!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Booster confusion, help!

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:00 pm

The old ones sound like either hemp or bamboo. Takes a long time to dry, but incredibly absorbent. The newer ones could be microfibre; quick drying, but not as absorbent. Has a tendency to compression wicking. Personally, we always choose bamboo or hemp for boosters. Or, if you have a heavy wetter, you can use microfibre on top of hemp or bamboo. HTH. :)

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:26 pm

Definitely stick with the bamboo ones that usually come with them, microfibre doesn't tend to hold wet well it behaves like a sponge so sit on it and it will squish out! Maybe buy a few more bamboo ones then you can use the outer part again whilst waiting for the boosters to dry :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:37 am

I agree with the others it sounds like they are microfleece, great as a top layer as they absorb quickly but don't hold it that well!

My avatar
Colacube83
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Colacube83 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:03 am

Thank you all, that's really helpful! Maybe should invest in some more bamboo boosters. The warm weather has been great for drying outside but inside is a bit trickier!x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat