hf1

New born wraps and night nappies?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: New born wraps and night nappies?

Postby Shaunie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:41 pm

No nappy lasts through the night with a newborn! Even LGN nn only lasted a few hours. Emmet got through 3 boosted fitteds a night for the 1st few months.

I used wool at night but loved thirsties sized wraps for day.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:32 am

i used to change Louis at each feed so didn't worry too much about night nappies in the early days. I love Motherease wraps when he was tiny, in fact they may have been the only ones I had - Rikki and Airflows. I tried a tots bots red fleece one but didn't get on with that (which was a shame as it turned me off wool for ages!).

I think I'd use wool more if I have another.

@scarlet I think there already is one - I'll go and check :lookround:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:34 am

Ah it is the NB review section I was thinking of:
viewforum.php?f=47

Great idea though, I'll get onto that!

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:02 pm

Thanks everyone I will research all those options while I have a little sit down now!:)
Pearl was in a disposable at night as a new born and we changed as she woke. When we switched to cloth she just wore itti's at night as was such a light wetter!!

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Site Supporter

Postby epsilon1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Not sure when night nappies started making sense, but it took a while for us (great when it did though!) Possibly by that stage Junior was fitting bumbles, which we boost with bamboo squares, but bimbles (the QD version) would be what I'd start with if I were starting again.

We really liked Nature Babies small wraps with velcro, and since I'm currently using Blueberry Coveralls and liking them even better, their mini versions are probably worth a look.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat