hf1

Do people still use minkis and slinki minkis at night?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Do people still use minkis and slinki minkis at night?

Postby Mareth » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 am

Just wondering if people still use nappies by minki standards or slinkis at night these days, or has nappy technology come on so far in the last 3 years that something that bulky is no longer generally necessary?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Do people still use minkis and slinki minkis at night?

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:50 am

Good question! I must admit I used mine less when I realised that bamboo one like baby beehinds could be boosted to achieve as good results with less bulk but obviously that was even long than for you ago!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:03 am

bamboo has been a revelation to me, I've always used bamboozles, but compared to bamboo jersey etc, even they are SO bulky. At the moment I'm using just a normal pul pocket with the standard bamboo insert it comes with and a bamboo trifold night booster, and its easily lasting 12 hours and is still really slim!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:16 am

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: I clearly am not right in the head today - I haven't had any wine for over a week so not that kind of :wine: silly must be :loopy: going overwork mad as I was totally talking / thinking about my bumble - I never had a minki. I'd wanted one and then went to 100% wool at night so never got one. Sorry for the confusion (although starting daily chat with the wrong day clearly spelt out how with it I am!) :loopy: Sorry for any confusion / misinformation :loopy: :lookround: :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:30 pm

We use super heavy night nappies because Leon pees like mad they are bulky I have kept Izzy's large minki nappies though and will prob use them

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:48 pm

I never really got on with minki's the thought of having to plan what to put in there and probably the bulk put me off. I'm really can't go past WNNN, they are trim but mega absorbant, and reasonably priced. I got WN's with minki outer and inner and then a fleece shorts and she's as dry as a bone in the morning.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Hmm. I dont think wnnn are slim at all! Do you use without the 6 layer fold over insert perhaps? I think itti bitti boo's are my slimmest x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Dora wrote:Hmm. I dont think wnnn are slim at all! Do you use without the 6 layer fold over insert perhaps? I think itti bitti boo's are my slimmest x

I know what you mean, but they are slim compared to a stuffed minki :giggle: I use just 1 of the inserts that come with it. Lola can outpee a disposable overnight and needs fleece on the outside to stop leaks. So somthing like a itti bitti boo probably wouldn't work.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Wow-I need all the inserts for my wnnn but theyre mostly cotton arent they? Itti bitti boo's do end up feeling wet but theyve never leaked. I have a boy who sleeps on his stomach if that makes any difference?! :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat