hf1

Daddy is stressing BIG TIME!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Daddy is stressing BIG TIME!

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:30 pm

Yeap, Robert is super worried, he is telling me we really should be taking at least Ben's night nappies to the US as he doesn't see how a disp will hold it all in, and is so worried he is going to react badly to them being on his bottom.

In his words, we will have a now happy well baby, all grumpy with a sore bottom just because of the nappies he is wearing!

I have tried to calm him down and told him if all else fails we will buy some there :?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Daddy is stressing BIG TIME!

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:46 pm

I totally understand his point of view (afterall NONE of the three of you wants disturbed night's sleep while you're away!) but if he hasn't reacted to disposables before there isn't any reason to assume he might do overnight... Robert could supervise 20-30mins nappy off time first thing in the mornings and before bedtimes or something to give his bum a break...

Are you taking eco-disps or just using whatever's available?

Dunno how well disps hold up compared with a decently stuffed night nappy though... Could you do a trial before you go to see how well it holds up so you're not caught out having to buy nappies and boosters while you're out there?

S xxx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:54 pm

I have a selection of those other types of nappies - he has an open pack of semi used hu88ies (I discovered them when the childminded kids had grown out of them), a couple of sainsbury's own brand passed on by a toilet trained child, 2 packets of nature care baby and a pack of Sainsbury's own brand eco.

We have our 4 blueberry minki wraps waiting for us over there, so I told him we can always put those over the top, that will stop leaks as such fc.

We are taking all his normal bum creams - bepanthen and his just incase daktacort.

He hasn't had a disp touch his bum in over a year.

Perhaps tonight we will try a disp and see how we get on :?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:38 pm

My DH stressed about his mum using sposies on Bella, overnight particularly. But sposies did hold up and she's a heavy wetter.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:44 pm

All might be OK then :shock:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:11 pm

If he's worried about him being sore maybe take some fleece liners to put in them! I'm sure they will be fine, if Jak wears a sposie I put wrap over it!

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:03 pm

flutterby wrote:If he's worried about him being sore maybe take some fleece liners to put in them! I'm sure they will be fine, if Jak wears a sposie I put wrap over it!

i was going to say the same

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:36 pm

must be doing somthing wromg here but we have to keep a packet of despics in as they poo so much that their bums get horribly sore even when I am changing them every two hours or on a really bad day they are pooing every hour. have to use despics pccasionally to cope with all the cream. Despics struggle overnight (pre weaning useless) but with a wrap on top work fine, they just stink and go horribly soggy

have tried pam88ers and boots as well as tesco, eco despics (moltex) just USELESS on them when they were tiny and natty had terrible trush leaked from the leg holes every time as they appeared to be made for giant babies, might work better on a chunkier baby

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:14 pm

We don't use fleece liners due to cream issue and clogging them up - considering Ben is a chunk, I think with everything crossed we should be fine!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat