hf1

wee notions -help

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

wee notions -help

Postby fleur08 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:14 am

hello, im a newbie and recently addicted to cloth - daughter is 15 weeks old and have been using for last 5 weeks.
well i dared to have a look at wee notions site - and i want them !!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

what i would like to know is whats the difference between the minky + cuddlesoft ? is one better for a heavy wetter + do they only make wraps with the side snaps, coz i dont like them, prefer front fastening.

thinking of a btp pocket but cant decide on what to have, why did they have to have so much choice.................

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: wee notions -help

Postby Annette » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:36 am

:hohoho: :hohoho: never look at Wee Notions unless you want to spend lots of money :hohoho:

The cuddlesoft and the minkee are both polyester fabrics so should both be suitable for a heavy wetter, they are just a different feel.

The wraps are only in the side snap design I am afraid. If you prefer front fastening then I really like Nature Babies wraps, they have some lovely designs, although is a bit more limited than Wee Notions.

I have a couple of btp pockets on order to try out as they look fab and have had really good reviews.

Good luck with making your choices :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:39 am

IMO the cuddlesoft and minkee are very similar, nearly identical, just cuddlesoft is cheaper! The OS pockets are FANTASTIC!!!!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:41 am

Annette wrote:The cuddlesoft and the minkee are both polyester fabrics so should both be suitable for a heavy wetter, they are just a different feel.

Butting in...what does cuddlesoft feel like? Do you have a cuddlesoft nappy/wrap? How does it differ from Minkee?

Helen (who has not been looking at Wee Notions all morning) :mrgreen:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:00 pm

I think it is slightly silkier!

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:10 pm

thanks!
guess im going for cuddlesoft then & as i cant have wraps :cry: think i might have to have 2 btp pockets & embroidery :D :D

its amazing how much time you can spend looking on internet at stuff to cover your babys likcle bum, deff think nappys should come with a wealth warning! :oops:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:03 pm

Erm yes. Im finding this an addictive expensive habit! WN's should be banned on my PC... i dream about making nappies :hohoho:

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 pm

YEP,ive considered making my own but not very good at sewing, maybe rope my nan in on the action............
other half thinks its weird that i have dreams about nappys, even had to check last week that i hadnt actualy ordered any :oops:

off to a baby club tomorrow and the nappy ladys going to be there , :D :D :D :D
had a look at debbies nappys earlier, shame she only does wraps at the moment, realy like the brown cow one.......

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:00 pm

oooh you poor thing, discovering nappy addiction!! lol, its like a support group here sometimes!! >:D<

i love WN nappies - and the OS nappy is BRILLIANT!! i find it a better fit than the side snap pockets and good value as you dont have to buy several sizes. it takes me at least an hour to look through the embroidery and decide what i want!!

also, inserts dont come with the pockets, but they can be stuffed with most things - my favourite is a blueberry onesize insert (Babykind sell them) or WN sell their own inserts, but ive not tried them!

Weenotions are also what inspired me to try cloth sanpro; good luck if you get addicted to that!! :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat