hf1

I had an interesting chat in the supermarket today

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

I had an interesting chat in the supermarket today

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:13 pm

I was scanning the shelves for a packet of disposables, some for nursery and some for nighttime when I CBA to use cloth or haven't washed in time.... like tonight.

SO the helpful shop lady asked if I needed help and i just said I had no idea what I wanted because I don't normally buy them because I use cloth (always got to add that in :widesmile: )
She asked me what types of cloth would I recomend and I thought she might be asking because she was pregnant or something like that. Then she said she was the main lady for the baby section and she's been trying to get the managment to branch into new ideas, and she'll take the ones I recommended to a meeting and see about stocking them!

:widesmile: :widesmile: nothing might happen, but its nice to think they may one day be on the shelves... hopefully AFTER lola has pt'd or else my weekley shopping bill will go sKY HIGH!!!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: I had an interesting chat in the supermarket today

Postby clothmama » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Wow! So what nappies are you going to recommend and why? That is actually a lot of pressure and a big call to make!

PS I'm going to move this to Cloth Nappy chat rather than general :D

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:36 pm

clothmama wrote:Wow! So what nappies are you going to recommend and why? That is actually a lot of pressure and a big call to make!

PS I'm going to move this to Cloth Nappy chat rather than general :D

You can move it to wherever you like "Oh Queen of CNT"!

Well I didn't know of the implications when I said what I thought. so I said my usual Swaddlebees/bluberry simplex and Grovia AIO's they are really popular over here and for a newbie easy to use. Also a cheap system because they can be BTP. Then when she said about the store i said Flips were a popular system (although personally I don't see the point) but if your trying to get as many people to buy cloth from a supermarket I do think you should have something that 'non-clothie' types would consider. so the whole throw away insert etc.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:19 am

Ohhh! How brilliant! You could be their cloth consultant, paid to loiter in tge baby aisle wnd advise ;) boots here stock totsbots prints at £16.99 each. They did it in tesco too and eventually put tgem all in tbe sale as they didnt sell. Im.not convinced cloth works in a supermarket tbh, it's not really an inpulse or weekly purchase, and if you were going to buy cloth youd be shopping around for the best deal. Tots are popular but I cant see many people who use them going into boots and buying a single nappy at premium price....

Still I guess its good to get them on the shelf in terms of advertising cloth :)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:45 am

ems101 wrote:Ohhh! How brilliant! You could be their cloth consultant, paid to loiter in tge baby aisle wnd advise ;) boots here stock totsbots prints at £16.99 each. They did it in tesco too and eventually put tgem all in tbe sale as they didnt sell. Im.not convinced cloth works in a supermarket tbh, it's not really an inpulse or weekly purchase, and if you were going to buy cloth youd be shopping around for the best deal. Tots are popular but I cant see many people who use them going into boots and buying a single nappy at premium price....

Still I guess its good to get them on the shelf in terms of advertising cloth :)

I agree totally, Target sells a couple of brands in their stores, and Wholefood store, which is commonly called Whole paycheck store locally cos its so expensive sells flips according to the lady in HEB today. But even if a store had a couple of brands next to the disposables it might raise awarness. But I do think those that will do.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat