My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Are you up,down or in even?

Postby clothmama » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:08 am

Great thread!!!

Absolutely up - and I haven't even sold most of mine on! Disposable nappies are more here and in France than in the UK. I would have paid very quickly for my stash as it was pretty basic and not huge and when you consider the costs every week in and out buying dispos and dispo wipes I can't see how anyone could be down even with not selling on taken into account! I did sell my NB/size one stuff when he was 6 months and came out even at that point - so 6 free months of nappies minus washing costs!

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:33 am

Probably up. Patrick got all of Fin's nappies and what 'new' ones he did get were preloved.

I have not sold any nappies on. I gifted all my small fitted ones at 7 months, and just about to gift my remaining stash (boxing them at the moment).

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:05 am

I must be up. Especially having used from birth with the last two and from six weeks with dd1. Newborns go through do many nappies! We had a week off with Isaac due to his cord not healing and all my nappies/ wraps seeming to just rub that area no matter what I did, and the disposables we went through was unreal!
I ve sold very little on and have just added to my stash for each child. It's a pretty basic stash too, nothing fancy. Oh and I always buy when things are on offer :thumbsup:

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Definitely up :D I worked out that I had made a saving by 6 months, and although I have bought more since then, I have also sold loads!

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Not sure. Possibly a bit down, but then only one baby who's not quite a year old, and I really need to sell some of the stuff we didn't get on with...

Daresay we'll end up up in the end financially, but it's still great from the POV of not having to buy nappies every week and get them home with everything else and front-loading most of the cost is also good for us.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:49 pm

No idea about the ones I used for the girls but this time I've made a list with prices I paid for what nappy so after having sold them on when baby doesn't need them anymore I can see how much they have cost me :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat