hf1

Might need to stop night nappies for a bit

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Might need to stop night nappies for a bit

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Or I need to get more organized. Lola has 3 NN all weenotions ones, which are fab. But her body shape is changing and for some reason 1 or 2 of them don't quite fit. The other 1 or 2 does. This is why I need to be organized and work out which ones fit and which dont.

The problem is she's lost some girth so there is a big gap around her waist. which then leads to leaking. And because its not cold for too long here I don't want to make another sleeping bag for her, which i need as a back up for when her other is wet.

I know in the big scheme of things its no biggie, but I'd just rather not use disposables.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Might need to stop night nappies for a bit

Postby Slebro » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:03 pm

It might be no biggie for most people but when you've made a decision about something, to have to go back on that even just for a while is horrible. I felt like that when we took disposables on holiday for a week. :evil: It was also horrible to realise how easy they are and why people might find just the idea of using cloth nappies to be too daunting. :(

Anyway, hope you find something that works soon, there's nothing worse than changing clothes and bedding overnight. :cry: :cry: :night:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:48 pm

DO you use a lanolised wool cover over the top of her night nappies? this might help avoid leaks. You could put an extra booster on the outside of the nappy at the front to help soak up any leaks... As it happens I've been using Sainsburys 'eco' disposables at night on my little one since the Summer because her night nappies really stank by morning (of ammonia). The disposables all go straight into the wood burner in the morning too so I don't feel too guilty. I am thinking of going back to night nappies very soon though...

My avatar
NappyStash
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NappyStash » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi, I agree a wool soaker may be a good solution - they really are magical! Not sure where you based and if that would prove to be too warm overnight? We have used WNNN and found them really good but I dont have a particularly heavy wetter. Does your WNNN have side snaps as I have found you can usually get a snug fit by playing about with the snaps a bit

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:31 am

Ps: in my night nappies (for the children) I often substitute the intended 'guts' of the nappy with a Best Bottom stay dry insert. They're really wide fleece topped microfibre boosters intended for use in an AI2.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:37 pm

I think I may have solved the problem. I just couldn't work out why she was soaking through her nappies when I have been slowly cutting back on her milk.

Ready for the answer......

She's been gluping down bathwater! I didn't realize how much until a couple of nights ago she completely soaked through a disposable with fleece on top (usually bomb proof) and at 1am I had to change her completely. Then I remembered that DH had bathed her and he (and the toots) were laughing at her drinking all the water! :doh: :doh: :doh:

To be honest I have seen her drinking it but thought nothing of it! So we're back on with NN now!

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:35 am

NappyStash wrote:Hi, I agree a wool soaker may be a good solution - they really are magical! Not sure where you based and if that would prove to be too warm overnight? We have used WNNN and found them really good but I dont have a particularly heavy wetter. Does your WNNN have side snaps as I have found you can usually get a snug fit by playing about with the snaps a bit

Wool is actually very cool. Because it allows the wet underneath the wool to evaporate, it has a cooling effect. Research has shown that the temperature inside a nappy with a wool cover is 1ºC cooler than with a PUL cover, and 2ºC cooler than in a disposable nappy. Well worth trying one anyway

My avatar
NappyStash
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NappyStash » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:21 am

Little Pants wrote:
NappyStash wrote:Hi, I agree a wool soaker may be a good solution - they really are magical! Not sure where you based and if that would prove to be too warm overnight? We have used WNNN and found them really good but I dont have a particularly heavy wetter. Does your WNNN have side snaps as I have found you can usually get a snug fit by playing about with the snaps a bit

Wool is actually very cool. Because it allows the wet underneath the wool to evaporate, it has a cooling effect. Research has shown that the temperature inside a nappy with a wool cover is 1ºC cooler than with a PUL cover, and 2ºC cooler than in a disposable nappy. Well worth trying one anyway

I never knew that Little Pants, suppose just assume wool = warmth!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat