hf1

Which nappies. There are so many brands (HELP needed)

My avatar
londongirl
Clothie
Clothie

Which nappies. There are so many brands (HELP needed)

Postby londongirl » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:41 pm

I have been researching and have found a few brands that stand out at me.

Can some people let me know there thoughts on them.

first : http://www.totsbots.com/

Price seems middle range area. like the look easyfit.. dont like the idea of poppers.

second : http://freeva.co.uk/

price seems very good, but not heard to much about them ? anyone shed some light on this brand ? there are some nice desgins.

third : http://www.gnappies.com/

Very expensive but seems to be a unique design ? do you get what you pay for ?

any advice be great

Thank you

tracey

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: Which nappies. There are so many brands (HELP needed)

Postby littlesez » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:10 pm

The only ones i have tried are tots bots and love them, they are a well loved brand. I also like little lambs

What are you looking for? fitteds or pockets?

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:28 pm

My advice would be to not buy a whole 'kit' of the same brand. Try out different ones to see what works best for you and your bubba. For a newborn, fitted or flat nappies with a separate cover tend to work best for containment. As for snaps, I would always recommend them over Velcro/applix. They last better and my lo figured out how to undo Velcro by 8 months! Also side fastening nappies are best for chunky thighs. Brands that have worked well for us are weenotions, blueberry, bumgenius flip (organic) and tots bots bamboozle. Any advice you need, you have come to the right place :widesmile:

My avatar
londongirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby londongirl » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Mumof5 wrote:My advice would be to not buy a whole 'kit' of the same brand. Try out different ones to see what works best for you and your bubba. For a newborn, fitted or flat nappies with a separate cover tend to work best for containment. As for snaps, I would always recommend them over Velcro/applix. They last better and my lo figured out how to undo Velcro by 8 months! Also side fastening nappies are best for chunky thighs. Brands that have worked well for us are weenotions, blueberry, bumgenius flip (organic) and tots bots bamboozle. Any advice you need, you have come to the right place :widesmile:

Thank you for your advice, I think i am going to order a couple from each site. And try a few see what works out best. :)

Think that makes the most sense.

thanks
tracey

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:15 am

I would echo what tge others have said. There ate reviews in here with pros and cons too if that helps. Let us know how you get on! @londongirl

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 am

It would probably be worth you dying some different nappies out from a nappy library, before you buy anything. For me, terry squares and separate wrap has always worked best for the pre-weaned stage, but try out some fitters first and see how you go.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat