hf1

Storing dirties

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Storing dirties

Postby InkMinx » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:40 am

So last time around I used a flip lid kitchen bin and dumped all my dirty nappies in that, unloading by hand into the washing machine every 2 days. Just dry pailing.

Its been a few years since then however and I was wondering if there were any nice products on the market that make for something more attractive and a bit less smelly or that I don't have the handle the contents as much lol.

How do you store your dirties at home?

And also can you recommend a good leak proof dirty bag for out and about use?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Storing dirties

Postby confusinglady » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:03 pm

I think most people still dry pale. We use a nappy bucket so the smells stay in ( until you lift the lid) and a bucket mesh thingy so you pull that out rather than each nappy by hand.
Others on here you a large nappy bag, like ones you d take out and about and just unload into the machine, bag an all, when its full.
I use a monkey foot wet bag for our and about.

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby InkMinx » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:36 pm

I have been looking at Kangacare wet bags, in particular the zip up bag instead of drawstring as I think it would smell less. I don't know if its smaller than the draw string or if anyone has any experience with either?

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:35 pm

We use an. Extra large planet wise wet bag. I just unzip, roll the top down, shake slightly into the machine and then let the machine get the nappies out of the bag. By the end of the 1st rinse, all the nappies are out and I haven't touched a single one :)

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby InkMinx » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:58 pm

They look good, is there a UK seller?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:59 pm

I've just switched back to a swing top bin. It's talk enough that the baby won't be able to reach in and easy to pop nappies in one handed. I was using large wet bags but they were a fuss, needed 2 hands to open then close the drawstring and didn't contain the smell. In a bucket or bin I use a panty liner with tea tree oil on it stuck inside the lid to help with the smells.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 pm

@InkMinx I got mine from www.funkymonkeypants.co.uk

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat