hf1

Best absorbency

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Best absorbency

Postby InkMinx » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Well I have hauled all my old nappy stash out of the loft this morning and it turns out that I sold all the good stuff and what remains is a bit of a sorry sight. So I shall be pretty much replacing all my stash. Now before I have micro fibre nappies as I had no tumble dryer and two babies in nappies so wanted fast drying. However only 1 baby this time, plus I do have a dryer. I live in a hard water area so I was thinking of going for bamboo nappies. I was thinking of getting tots bots stretch bamboo as I used tots bots before as I liked the shape and fit. I wan't something thats pretty much birth to potty, something for days and nights with the best absorbency material thats also going to be ok with had water. What do you think of my idea or alternatively I would be happy to hear suggestions.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Best absorbency

Postby Slebro » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:44 pm

My ds2 uses mostly bamboozles and tuttos (for short times!) and they are great. I've tried Lollipop bamboo and it's nice, plus the booster is attached so there's less to do with the washing. :giggle:

Don't forget that size 2 bamboozles will be pretty big on a little one though - my 91st/98th centile chunk fitted them ok after a few months but he had size 1 little lambs before then. A ll inside a bamboozle did him for night times too to start with, till he was into a size 2 properly. Incidentally, if you're looking for preloved bargain, I will be selling them along with some other newborn/small/size 1 bits. I just haven't got around to listing it yet ... let me know if you're interested and I'll try and sort it soon!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Best absorbency

Postby clothmama » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:09 am

Bamboo is very absorbent, much more so than cotton and doesn't squish out like microfibre does. They dont' recommend drying on hot though as it can affect the fibres. I'd get a few of each to try rather than going the whole hog and then maybe not being happy. I loved having a mix of different brands and types for different situations. If you like pockets Fuzzi Bunz were my staple day nappy and could be stuffed with anything and the Medium fitted Louis from 6 months to potty training and they were cute and alway fit well! I loved my tots bamboozle (they were old style) but never tumbled them as I was scared to hurt them! I also had a Little Lamb bamboo which I was pretty happy with too, from memory with both I unpicked the velcro/aplix and used a nippa!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat