My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

weenotions

Postby fleur08 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:44 pm

hello again.
can i have your advice again plse!
i need help again with weenotions sizes - going to order a btp, which is fine. also want to order 1 wrap -not sure i like side snap, keep thinking it will go all 'poffy' at the sides like a motherease air flow - but they look soooo cute i gotta try one!

now im having a dilema with sizes, my lillte girl is nearly 16 weeks,weighs 15+lbs, waist is 16.5 inches,thighs 10 & rise needs to be about 17"
would the large be realy realy huge on her, obviously dont want to buy medium & then grow out of it too quick ( although good excuse to buy more :) )

and would it be the same size for the night notions etc??????
sorry for being so dim spending sooo much time looking online i give meslf a headache :coffee: .
(got bamboo kwik flip & 2 wam bamboo coming, cant wait!!)
thanks

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: weenotions

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:15 pm

My DD has very similar measurements to yours, and we have a medium and a large northern light, the large is too big really as the legs gape a bit, but the medium fits really well with plenty of poppers to go for growth. I bought the large with the same thinking as you, oh she won't be in mediums for long, but like I said they fit much better.
As for the wraps, I never got on with the WN wraps for two reasons 1. I find SS wraps "poofy" and 2. I hate anything with front elastication, SS with flat fronts however are a different matter, I LOVE THEM!
I guess one more thing to factor in is how quickly your LO grows, my DD was a slow and steady gainer hence we gets lots of use out of each size.
Hope this helps :D

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:33 pm

I would say to go for size large if you are getting a wrap as the mediums were outgrown far too quickly here :( I had the girls in the larges from around 15lbs or thereabouts just fine

jan x

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:04 pm

JanX wrote:I would say to go for size large if you are getting a wrap as the mediums were outgrown far too quickly here :( I had the girls in the larges from around 15lbs or thereabouts just fine

jan x

Same here! Lottie is 15lb just now and in Larges i find mediums too low in the rise (but she is quite long and chubby :lol: )

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:22 pm

thanks, you wouldnt think it would be so hard would you!
i had her in a tots bot size 1 earlier - massive builers bum going on & a cotton bottoms med wrap on top that just about big enough.
great advice on here,thankyou :bebykiss:

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:36 pm

I was having the same dilemma a few weeks ago between buying medium and large, so i got a pre-loved large to try before i bought new :D

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:50 am

ooohh thats a good idea, hadnt thought of that, how did you get on??

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:02 am

Only going to buy large now :D I dont think she would be in mediums long really!

The WN large nappies fit perfectly on the smallest setting and the rise is much better (in mediums she has a builders bum :lol: ). The Wraps are just a tiny bit too big around her thighs on the smallest setting (but at the rate she grows it wont be long before she fits them properly), i still use the large wraps and have had no leaks so far :D

hth

Julie

Edt: I meant to say i do find the Large wraps a bit puffy on her but thats partly because of the design they are and she is still on the small end of the large size (i dont mind because they are soooo pretty :D )

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:21 am

i only bought the large first as the large SS nappies fitted DD fine. but the large wrap was huge on her til about a month ago, and she's not a small child! i bought large first thinking if it was too big at least she'd grow into it later on. if it was far too big i would have bought a medium then but i never got round to it. xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat