hf1

What next? Night nappies

My avatar
Mazdogs
Clothie
Clothie

What next? Night nappies

Postby Mazdogs » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:14 pm

DS is 11m and about 24lbs. He wears tb bamboozle stretch size 2 and ll bamboo size 2 at night but the ll are too small now and he gets a builders bum and sometimes outpees them. (I still have to use them until I get something else.) He has big hips 24" and normalish rise of 17" but has huge thighs and he can only wear custom made wool at night because of these measurements. He's not walking yet so I expect his thighs to slim down eventually but I don't think his hips will.
So my question is what night nappies should I be looking at? Any recommendations?
I know there are size 3 LL but I'm not sure I even like LL. Do wee notions come up bigger? His bamboozles seem fine at the minute but I'd like to try something else.
Any other night nappies I need to know about?
Thanks

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What next? Night nappies

Postby laceybat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:35 pm

i use weenotins at night and luscious little somethings. i have a small 20 mouth old who just weiges in at 9lb 10oz

My avatar
Mazdogs
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mazdogs » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:55 pm

Ok so I got some preloved M-L HL and large wnnn and they're also too small. DS is a week off his first birthday and is average height and weight but just seems to have a big bum. I need big night nappies, I know HL do a toddler size but they are rare preloved and id hate fork out for one that doesn't fit. Can anyone recommend big nappies?

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 am

We always used nippa'd Bumbles stuffed with a prefold. I had two huge boys which were both on the top end of the range for weight and height. They worked well for us. Good luck in finding a solution.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:19 am

I also used Bumbles and Louis was in nappies at night until nearly 4, the other ones we used were BabyBeehinds with double boosting and then Flutterby Fluff who no longer exist but you may be lucky and pick up preloved.

My avatar
Mazdogs
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mazdogs » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Great thanks ladies. I've had a look at bumbles but the wings don't look that long. Am I looking at the wrong ones? He has large waist and thighs so I think the longer the wings the better. Argh it's a minefield

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:19 pm

I'd try nappies by minki standard pocket. They can be stuffed really full and come in L and XL. They are closing so you might get some bargains.
I'd use a mix of bamboo and some hemp boosters underneath - my favourite in a minki with DS1 was a petit dessous insert with two or three easy peasy hemp boosters underneath.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 am

Wow @sim I hadn't heard they are closing what a shame! Do you know why?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Nope, just saw it on their website. I think they are just moving on to other things.

http://www.minkinappies.co.uk

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat