Cheap Chinese nappies!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Cheap Chinese nappies!

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:02 am

I recently ordered one as I was curious - what was the quality of workmanship like? What were the materials like? Well I'm pleased to say that it arrived in the post last week :mail: and I'm absolutely thrilled! The quality is lovely, the materials soft and seem a really nice quality too - I expected them to not be great to be honest :lookround: and I can honestly say I'm seriously impressed! So impressed I've actually ordered some more from various companies so I can do a comparison to see if they are all as good or if I just got lucky!

This is the nappy I got - from a company called 'Shine Baby', its a one size pocket like most of the Chinese ones, it cost me the princely sum of $4.95 including postage. I didn't get an insert as I have heaps of them already. I'm excited because this seems like a really good option for people who worry about, and are put off by the cost of getting set up with cloth :)

I like pockets as an every day sort of nappy and used Fuzzi Bunz in rotation with fitteds with Louis. I am not however a fan of one size nappies so that is a down side for me. I did manage to find and order from one place that has a small size / NB size combo so I ordered that but realistically I won't be using them for a little while.

I'll do a proper review once I have a baby :bw: :pregnant: to try it on :yahoo: !

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Cheap Chinese nappies!

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:29 am

Here are the others I have on the way!

This is the NB sized one (up to 15 lbs) I've ordered from Coolababy, (it was a bit more $8.99 with insert):

This one was chosen for J's hippy part :giggle: from 'Hot' nappy I think (bit hard to work out!), ($6.99 with insert)

I can't work out what this brand is called at all :hohoho: ($6.47 with insert) will update when they arrive!:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:05 am

we have had some cheap nappies from ebay when Harry was slightly older and I loved them. they were easy to use even on my long skinny boy. they were not so good when he was smaller though, but that could just be down to how skinny he was! x

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:13 am

We used these from 7 months and they are still going stron and DS is nearly one. Opening is a good size to get your hand in to stuff them and we've not had a leak yet! Plus so many cute prints!!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:31 am

We use shine baby and they last really well. They still look new 10 months later. They fit skinny Oscar as well as huge thighs Ed.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks for the replies girls! I haven't heard much discussion about them so I didn't realise there was so many using them!

Nappies are sooooo expensive here and I am not sure what to say when people say that they can't afford to buy them as they are actually very pricey with not many cheap options, at least I can now point them in the direction of these without not being sure (which I wasn't before). It will be interesting to see when I can start using them on bubba!

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:26 am

I used Coolababy on Isaiah and they were great for the price. They did wear out before my BG's and Fuzzi's but at 1/3 of the price you didn't mind buying more.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Sunset wrote:I used Coolababy on Isaiah and they were great for the price. They did wear out before my BG's and Fuzzi's but at 1/3 of the price you didn't mind buying more.

I kind of thought that they may! We won't be having another baby so it isn't like they need to last in if some don't at those prices I can afford to replace if I need to! I still have a BG (with elastic gone of course!) and some Fuzzis upstairs from Louis - they have been in storage for years and 8 years since they started being used!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:48 pm

I use ebay cheapies no Ryan for nursery. They were great. Still have a few when Ross is big enough.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat