My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Can't decide whether to keep Evie in night cloth

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:32 pm

Ryan's standard minkis are huge and will fit him for ages still. The rise is much higher than the Slinki Minki. There's one on ebay for £10 inc P&P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-STANDARD-MI ... 240%3A1318

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:35 pm

Mummyof3 wrote:Ryan's standard minkis are huge and will fit him for ages still. The rise is much higher than the Slinki Minki. There's one on ebay for £10 inc P&P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-STANDARD-MI ... 240%3A1318

Thankyou, watching that one!! Just uploading pics of the NN i have decided to sell.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Isabelle gets red leg-marks from her slinki minki but not her lil' stinkies or her standard minki...

Do you use the lil stinkie at night? If so, what do you stuff it with? Mmmmmmm shame Marijke is jetting across the world pretty soon!!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:37 pm

sam gets red marks around his legs at night with fitteds- have you tried putting fleece liners across the nappy so they stick out the leg holes- this seems tto work for us as it stops them rubbing, also using pockets works tonight he has a well stuffed funky nappy but minkis work as well.
otherwise 1 eco a day is not the end of the world :?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:53 pm

charliesam wrote:sam gets red marks around his legs at night with fitteds- have you tried putting fleece liners across the nappy so they stick out the leg holes- this seems tto work for us as it stops them rubbing, also using pockets works tonight he has a well stuffed funky nappy but minkis work as well.
otherwise 1 eco a day is not the end of the world :?

Not tried that no, great idea, it may work. Tonight she is in an eco disp however so will give that a whirl tomorrow night.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:55 pm

Not exactly an answer to your question, but regarding Minkis leaving red marks on legs, IMO it actually *all* depends on the actual Minki nappy - or so I've found! I've had probably a dozen or more different Minki nappies (both Standard & Slinki ones) and some of them it seems have tooooo much tension in the elastic around the legs. In fact, had some where one leg was OK and the other was ultra tense. It probably depends on how chubby the child's thigh is as to whether or not the marks are a problem, or maybe just the age, as Abigail is very slim, yet one of our Minki nappies really hurt her leg and the marks would last for *hours* after taking it off that morning - looked terrible. Having said that, I think one of our Minki nappies actually improved over time and doesn't seem to be causing any problems. But really, I think it's a trial & error thing, depends on how they were actually made when the person sewed it together - if too much tension was left in the elastic. So you might have a Slinki Minki that is just perfect, and another that leaves marks. Not much help really, but so my experience has been! :D And I love Minki nappies for nights (been using them for over a year now, every night), so have had a fair bit of experience with them, I think! :wink:

BTW, I think I bought a stars Slinki Minki nappy off you Nic (white with pastel coloured stars) earlier in the year, do you remember if that was one that you had problems with? Just wondered, because it just didn't work with either of my children - left quite brutal red marks! BTW LOL, don't worry, no complaint against you! :lol: Just wondered if you remembered it being a problem for Evie, as I know it definantly had toooo tense of elastic. I don't actually have it anymore myself (hopefully it didn't cause problems for it's next owner!), but I've just found it quite a bit of trial & error with them. So have gone through quite a few Minkis until I was happy that the ones I had were OK for my little ones.

At the moment Abigail is wearing ME Bedwetter pants, though thankfully she's usually dry at nights anyway (just a safety precaution on my part), though I've found in the past week or so that "nappy pants" make her lazy if she's awake and she'll wet herself rather than go to the toilet! :roll: But if she's in big girl pants, she never does that anymore!

OK, sorry for the long rambling reply! :oops:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:56 pm

nic1 wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Isabelle gets red leg-marks from her slinki minki but not her lil' stinkies or her standard minki...

Do you use the lil stinkie at night? If so, what do you stuff it with? Mmmmmmm shame Marijke is jetting across the world pretty soon!!

Yep - no nappies in the daytime for us Nic... Sorry to say Marijke has shut up shop so I shouldn't really have mentioned them :) Isabelle doesn't get marks from her WNOS pockets either...

I stuff with allsorts really - usually a combination of hemp and bamboo... I'm not using my night-notions anymore so I use the large hemp square from those, or my WN OS insert with some extra hemp (jersey or fleece) and bamboo... Basically a decent thickness (at least 1/2 an inch) really...

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:10 pm

I have to admit nic I personally would probably go down the trying no nappies at night route if it were me.

Otherwise I also agree that Minki pockets are fabby for night time, and at this age I used to used fuzzis overnight for Lucas and found them fabby (I stuffed them with more than I would for day wear :wink: )

jan x

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:16 pm

rachelinscotland wrote:BTW, I think I bought a stars Slinki Minki nappy off you Nic (white with pastel coloured stars) earlier in the year, do you remember if that was one that you had problems with? Just wondered, because it just didn't work with either of my children - left quite brutal red marks! BTW LOL, don't worry, no complaint against you! :lol: Just wondered if you remembered it being a problem for Evie, as I know it definantly had toooo tense of elastic. I don't actually have it anymore myself (hopefully it didn't cause problems for it's next owner!), but I've just found it quite a bit of trial & error with them. So have gone through quite a few Minkis until I was happy that the ones I had were OK for my little ones.

I'd forgotten all about that one :oops: :oops: goes to show how many i have had in the past!! The one i was referring to was rainbow striped and was sold to Mareth if i remember rightly. Both leg elastics on them were culprits for the marks but found it with alot of nappies, like you say some seem too tight really.

TBH i am debating whether to as from tomorrow try her in knickers again as for 2 nights running she was dry when we tried a few months back and then she went backwards. Worth a try as really don't want to buy more nappies, she does have an eco disp on tonight.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat