hf1

If you could design your perfect fitted ...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

If you could design your perfect fitted ...

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:58 pm

.. you've probably noticed I'm hoping to set up a little nappy making business sometime soon, I've been toying with lots of ideas, but I thought, what better than all your views, for now I'm planning on doing hand dyed BV fitteds, with the hope of expandind to pockets and wraps in the future, so a couple of questions for you all!!

Faster drying or more absorbent??
BV inner, or microfleece or minkee?
snap in or lay in boosters?
specific night and day nappies, or one nappy adjustable for day or night eg extra night time booster?
What fabrics inbetween the BV, I was thinking hemp or bamboo fleece, which do you prefer, or would you like something different?

I'm guessing a vote for style would be pretty unanimous towards a sidesnapping turned and topstitched nappy, but if you have any other prferences I'd be happy to hear!

Also how fussed are people about snap colour, by which I mean if you could get a nappy slightly cheaper with white snaps, would you still prefer coordinating snaps?

Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this and give me you input, it i really appreciated!!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: If you could design your perfect fitted ...

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:06 pm

I'd say:

More absorbent
Microfleece inner
Lay in boosters
Specific night and day nappies
Hemp inbetween the BV
Definitely sidesnapping
Definitely T&T
I'd prefer coordinating snaps

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:11 pm

I'd prefer a faster drying nappy. Most of my fitteds take nearly 3 days to dry. :shock:
Definitely BV inner with bamboo fleece hidden layer although minkee sounds nice too
lay in boosters
I like the idea of a nappy that can be used for day or night
I'd prefer co-ordinating snaps too

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Faster drying or more absorbent?? absorbent

BV inner, or microfleece or minkee?Again if it wouls make it cheaper, i would go for microfleece

snap in or lay in boosters? prefer snap in just cause they stay in place better

specific night and day nappies, or one nappy adjustable for day or night eg extra night time booster? I am looking for both types of fitteds at the mo! Would be handy to have one for both!

What fabrics inbetween the BV, I was thinking hemp or bamboo fleece, which do you prefer, or would you like something different? Bamboo for me!

Prefer SS fitteds
If its cheaper it wouldn't bother me in a fitted re the snap colour!

hth

Julie

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:17 pm

flutterby wrote:Faster drying or more absorbent?? Faster drying, you can always boost a nappy for absorbancy
BV inner, or microfleece or minkee? BV or microfleece
snap in or lay in boosters? snap in, they stay in place better!
specific night and day nappies, or one nappy adjustable for day or night eg extra night time booster? Adjustable nappy
What fabrics inbetween the BV, I was thinking hemp or bamboo fleece, which do you prefer, or would you like something different? How about a combination of both, bamboo and hemp?

tbh, we are not fussed about the snaps, white ones are ok, but, colour coordination is a really nice touch...
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!!!! And again, please feel free to use either of the boys as testers... :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:37 pm

Thanks for the replies!!

Could still do with a few more opinions!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:47 pm

Faster Drying
BV inner as I prefer using fleece liners
Snap-in boosters stay in place better but aren't always in the right place so lay-in
I would prefer specific day and night nappies, altho' you can boost a daytime nappy on a younger kiddie you can't really on a toddler as you need more and more boosting so you need the extra-rise of a night nappy that you don't necessarily need in the daytime.
Fabrics inbetween the BV would be a combination of hemp and bamboo for me - pre-shrunk hemp fleece topped with pre-shrunk bamboo :) (hemp for absorbency, bamboo for quicker absorbtion and antibacterial properties) - I would personally avoid microfibre altogether...

And yes - we do like T&T nappies and side-snap :)

Personally I'm quite fussy about co-ordinating snaps :oops: All white would be okay but clashing colours aren't :roll: A WAHM that shall remain nameless did us a white nappy with pink&green embroidery - and then put blue and red snaps on it :evil:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:50 pm

Faster drying or more absorbent?? More absorbent
BV inner, or microfleece or minkee? Microfleece (haven't tried minkee or bv though!)
snap in or lay in boosters? snap in
specific night and day nappies, or one nappy adjustable for day or night eg extra night time booster? adjustable
What fabrics inbetween the BV, I was thinking hemp or bamboo fleece, which do you prefer, or would you like something different? I like both hemp and bamboo together! Prefer bamboo of the two though

I'd probably prefer co-ordinting snaps if the price difference wasn't huge, e.g. less than £1 extra overall.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Faster drying or more absorbent?? More absorbant
BV inner, or microfleece or minkee? BV as we always use fleece liners too
snap in or lay in boosters? lay in for positioning
specific night and day nappies, or one nappy adjustable for day or night eg extra night time booster? specific day & night nappies - I like my day nappies to be quite trim, and if they are designed to take a lot of boosting for night times, they aren't generally very slim
What fabrics inbetween the BV, I was thinking hemp or bamboo fleece, which do you prefer, or would you like something different? Hemp & Bamboo :P We need it really for our heavy wetter, otherwise we'd have to use lots of boosting - Maybe offer a choice, if it's not too much of a hassle

Not overly bothered on snap colours.

Oh, and we love T&T and side-snapping :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat