hf1

If you could design your perfect fitted ...

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: If you could design your perfect fitted ...

Postby jan3182001 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:23 pm

by fitteds - if that means needs a wrap - then we dont use them :|
This time of year i like my nappies to be fast drying though.

re poppers - if coloured ones are more expensive couldnt you have a small selection and charge a little extra for them the snap store do different sized packs- just make sure you order less than £18 so you can excape customs/po charges

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:28 pm

flutterby wrote:
Faster drying or more absorbent??more absorbant
BV inner, or microfleece or minkee?microfleece
snap in or lay in boosters?snap in
specific night and day nappies, or one nappy adjustable for day or night eg extra night time booster?specific day and night nappies
What fabrics inbetween the BV, I was thinking hemp or bamboo fleece, which do you prefer, or would you like something different?like both but hemp most

I'm guessing a vote for style would be pretty unanimous towards a sidesnapping turned and topstitched nappy, but if you have any other prferences I'd be happy to hear!t and t but for some reason we get on better with nappies that fasten at the front

Also how fussed are people about snap colour, by which I mean if you could get a nappy slightly cheaper with white snaps, would you still prefer coordinating snaps?love co-ordinating

also recomment that the insert/booster can be folded to the front for boys or laid straight- i love the nl because can fold both inserts to the front iykwim :D

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:02 pm

for us:

Faster drying
BV inner, or microfleece (a choice is nice :D if only 1 I would prob go for fleece)
snap in boosters (lay in ones simply annoy me :x )
specific night and day nappies (I like day nappies to be trimmer and night ones more absorbant and not too fussed about trimness them!)
Hemp is ok, or bamboo terry perhaps?

Flat fronted, side snapping T&T are a fave here

snap colour isn't important (although I do have to admit that when I buy 2 nappies the same I ask for different snap colours on them so I know which belongs to which baby)

jan x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:06 am

Faster drying or more absorbent?? Do I have to choose :? Faster drying then, but perhaps layered in a way to make it more absorbant
BV inner, or microfleece or minkee? Microfleece
snap in or lay in boosters? Lay in Boosters
specific night and day nappies, or one nappy adjustable for day or night eg extra night time booster? Adjustable
What fabrics inbetween the BV, I was thinking hemp or bamboo fleece, which do you prefer, or would you like something different? I think my overall preference, working from the inside out would be: Microfleece (which rolls out onto the leg cuffs to stop the other fabric rubbing the tops of the legs), then bamboo, then hemp, and then cotton terry outer (just because I like cotton terry and its very absorbant).

Not looking for much am I :hohoho:

Good luck with it :D

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:34 am

Faster drying or more absorbent?? more absorbent

BV inner, or microfleece or minkee? bv, minkee sounds nice too though

snap in or lay in boosters? lay in boosters

specific night and day nappies, or one nappy adjustable for day or night eg extra night time booster?
specific day and night nappies - think this means they are as trim as possible during the day

What fabrics inbetween the BV, I was thinking hemp or bamboo fleece, which do you prefer, or would you like something different?
bamboo fleece

Prefer coordinating snaps too

All the best with starting up Hanna, it's very exciting! :D

Joanne

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:35 am

Thanks for all the replies!!!

I'm thinking, hemp body, bamboo booster, coordinating snaps, and options for microfleece or BV inner, and option for snap in or lay in booster!

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

flutterby wrote:Thanks for all the replies!!!

I'm thinking, hemp body, bamboo booster, coordinating snaps, and options for microfleece or BV inner, and option for snap in or lay in booster!

sounds good to me :D

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:56 am

sorry for sounding thick here but what is bv :oops:

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:19 am

Bamboo velor - Dont worry, i didn't know what OV was last week :oops:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat