hf1

Liners causing leaks?

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Liners causing leaks?

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:23 am

Have been using TotsBots liners without any problems but since we use the Bummis liners we keep getting leaks :roll: Anyone experienced liners being the cause of the leaks? Will change back to see if it gets better as I don't hate :laundry: but not more often please ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Liners causing leaks?

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:32 am

:wave: :wave: Hi Esther! Are they washable ones or flushable liners? I'm guessing flushable. Sorry, haven't used either so can't help with them. It will be interesting to see if swapping back makes any difference. Hopefully someone else can help!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:47 am

:wave:

How are you?

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:12 pm

littlesez wrote::wave:

How are you?

:giggle: I'm fine, keep missing the time to chat properly though and well the leaks don't help ;)

@clothmama how do you get rid of the poop if not using a liner?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:09 pm

I have only ever used fleece liners and not had a problem.
If I change L then the poo gets shaken off into the toilet, stretching the liner help.

I dare not ask what DH does…..

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:29 pm

We sometimes use a liner but not always I have found if disposable liners are touching the leg elastic we get leaks sometimes. I push them in around the legs. Fleece liners we use at night no issues.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Might give the fleece ones a try then, though with the totbots ones no leaks...not sure poop is "dry" enough to get off the liner iyswim :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:13 am

@MissFrodo I used a combo of flushable and fleece liners. I'd use the flushable when I knew / thought he was going to do a poo, I always cut them down though as found them too big, in 1/3 when he was tiny then in 1/2. Once solids were well established I found the poo generally solid enough to roll off the fleece, I'd use a bit of toilet paper and I seem to remember I had an old knife that I kept by the toilet for bad ones!

BF poo just rinses out of fleece liner :widesmile:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat