hf1

First cloth nappy!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Louis' first cloth nappy!

Postby Dancing mum » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:23 pm

I had been looking at cloth nappies since about 5 months pregnant but didn't get organised enough to buy any until she was 7 weeks old. She has always been a pretty chunky baby so didn't end up getting any teeny tiny ones :(
Her first one was a LL BTP pocket (which looked massive but still got it to fit with no gapes!) Still doing us proud at 7 months.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Isaiah's first nappy was a Diddy diaper and nature babies wrap at about 5 weeks, Asher was in newborn swaddlebees and me or nature babies wraps on day 2.

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:35 pm

I took some muslins and XS rikkis into hospital when Jacob was born, only to be told that cloth nappies weren't allowed :shock: :embarassed: When I pointed out that that would mean leaving him naked for the inevitable meconium poo-nami, they rapidly found em some dispose and marched EH off to buy some :oops: :panic:
I had planned a home birth, and in my young, stupid, 'the world will turn my way' mood it was inconceivable that I would not have hime a home as planned :doh: :doh: :doh:

By the time we got home 5 days later he was already to large to fit into the XS rikkis, and the muzzies would have been a fair squeeze, so I returnned the rikkis to swap. The Kim Cuddlebabes suggested he went went straight into mediums. I think he was about 10 days old and about 11lb when they arrived, and he went straight into disana tie-ons and the medium rikkis because he was a fat little toad :widesmile:

The tie-ons remained my work horse BTP uber quick drying (and uber cheap) flat nappy and the only thing I added to my stash was a couple of heavy night nappies much later on, and 3 or 4 terries for my MIL.

I'm happy to report that this time I have checked the cloth policy at both my hospital well in advance (both supportive), and also bought a small pack of nature babies (well if one sees these thing on half price offer :wink: ) for those 'just in case' scenarios. Actually, it feels rather like after this pregnancy, 'just in case' becomes and absolute dead cert

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:50 am

Dd1 was about 6/7 weeks old as I wasn t brave enough or felt well enough to try them before that. I had a bambino mio set so she was in a prefold and wrap ( the kids use the wrap on their dollies/ teddies now) :widesmile:

Dd2 was in a muslin square and a thirsties duo wrap from birth :widesmile:

Ds was in a teenyfit from birth :widesmile:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 am

Aww! Don't have pics on this laptop of the others but here is Ms first nappy -

first wool soaker

A's was a bambino mio and wrap, Rs a bimble and Rikki wrap (the same as yours I think!!) and Ks a pink swaddlebees newborn with wool soaker.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:11 am

Awwww loving seeing and hearing about all your first nappies :love:
Louise wrote:Rs a bimble and Rikki wrap
Most excellent choice for a little boy @Louise :thumbsup:

This baby will be in a hospital newborn sized terry square with a little blue pin I'd say :widesmile: I'll make sure I keep the Bimble and the Rikki to go home with so it's the same as Louis :love: :yahoo: I've packed a nippa and a few wraps (discovered that the Baby Beehinds and Bluebery ones have some sort of material inside so can't just be wiped which is a bit annoying!) to cover up the hospital terrys.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:40 am

Gorgeous photos.

Oscar's first nappy was a Green Panda fitted with a Blueberry mini wrap.

This is the fattest he has ever been, within a week, he'd dropped weight and had little sparrow legs. He has stayed a bean pole ever since.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:43 am

Awwww he is just gorgeous :love: thank goodness I'm already :pregnant: or I'd be getting very clucky!!!

@Bugglyboo so glad you posted that pic as I totally forgot I haven't yet made my cord ties :doh:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:01 am

IwIllnotgetcluckyIwillnotgeycluckyIwillnotgetclucky!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat