hf1

Anyone had experience with tots bots customer service?

My avatar
Millky
Clothie
Clothie

Anyone had experience with tots bots customer service?

Postby Millky » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi I wondered if anyone here had any experience with tots bots customer service? Good or bad? Been a loyal customer of theirs for 10 years now (5 cloth bottoms!) and recently encountered a problem. I never thought in a million years I would get such a disappointing and upsetting response from them and feel so let down. I've asked around on a local nappy chat board ref the customer service and was disappointed to hear others have had issues with them too. Anyone on here offer help/advice?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Anyone had experience with tots bots customer service?

Postby Dora » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:32 pm

not directly with them but I did have to return one of my tots bots nappy recently as there was an issue with the stitching and velcro.

what was the issue and what did they say?

My avatar
Millky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Millky » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:40 pm

I had bleaching patches appear on my stripey bamboozles after about 2 or 3 wears/washes. Was so disappointed. They just didn't really want to know and I suppose after supporting them for so many years and happily having no need to use their customer service it just feels harsh! I've since learnt from other cloth mamas that they too have experienced bleaching patches with bamboozles:(

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:41 pm

Oh no. Did they try and blame your cleaning regime?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:44 pm

No I've never had to deal with them (although never had any issues with anything from them either!). Let us know how you get on.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:19 am

When pregnant with Cara I ordered 25 flexitots from Mothercare which were to be shipped directly from totbots, when they hadn't arrived 6wks later I got fed up of waiting and cancelled the order. A few weeks later they turned up :roll: , I informed totbots they needed collecting but I still had them 6mths later so I sold them :lookround: .

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:01 am

I've had a few to many dealings with them.
1st Prewashed new bamboozles and they fell apart in the wash. Sent them back to them eventually after I threatened to phone trading standards.
2nd v3 easy fits 3 new ones leaked through the centre of the pul. They replaced with v4s after they tested them.
3rd a snap on my v4 Easyfit popper didn't work on second rise had to send back.
4th a snap on a v4 Easyfit which I won as a prize didn't work they sent out a replacement and I got to keep the original.
So in the short time I've used tots bots I've sent back 10 nappies and they are on a large rotation. I discovered tots about 7 months ago. Sometimes there customer service is good other times it's shocking.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:20 pm

We've had excellent service from them. We had a problem with a flexitot, I think the tab came unstitched. They replaced with no qualms as long as I sent them the damaged nappy to them.

My avatar
Millky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Millky » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:29 pm

A mixed bag then! They site 'external environmental factors' as the reason for the bleach spots. I guess that means yes they are blaming me and/or how I wash them or how my daughter poos!!! Over the past 10 years of cloth nappying, yes I have tried some risky cleaning methods but explained to them, this time I have not. They where really quite nasty to me and left me feeling very very upset. They also said they had 'NEVER' had anyone else reporting this problem.
I feel a bit let down and a fool really having been so loyal to their brand for the past 10 years and 5 little bottoms. I wish I had supported a company that have a kinder and friendlier approach to its customers.
Thank you all for your kind replies x
Anyone recommend a good day nappy?! I like 2 parters x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat