hf1

fleece bobbling

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

fleece bobbling

Postby clairelana » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:55 am

Is it possible to stop fleece from bobbling?
How do you get rid of the bobbles.
Any tips?

Claire

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: fleece bobbling

Postby tanya » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:12 am

I think it's pretty much one of those things you have to live with.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:56 am

I tend to wash all my fleece and minkee wraps and pockets separately from the nappy wash and i find this make a huge difference to the bobbling :D Not sure why but it seems to work on the new ones i have :D

So basically i have two nappy washes- 1 wash is all my pockets and wraps and the other is all my fitteds and wipes.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:11 am

Looking at them now i've woken up a bit more I think it might be minky thats bobbled. :oops: New to all this....lol
I ordered some WN off here and they are quite bad. I should have asked for pics. I have tried to shave all the bobbles off and i'm quite happy with them now.
I will remember that separate wash tip, as I've ordered quite a few new ones too.

Thanx

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:59 am

some fleeces are worse than others, i've found . I have some with a chamois and some a velour finish and they haven';t pilled/bobbled at all :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:41 pm

I think it is something that you have to accept happens to nappies. I have noticed that the inner fleece of one nappy has bobbled a lot more than the others I have owned, must be the type of fleece used. Oh, and if the velcro isn't closed up and sticks to other items in the wash it can cause a bit of bobbling if it sticks.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat