My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

WNOS fit problems

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Afternoon all,

I need some help with my WNOS nappies - we have 3. They used to be a reasonable fit on Iris. But over the past couple of weeks, she must have changed shape and they're no longer a good fit on her. :cry: She's quite a tall, skinny minnie and I'm just finding it really difficult to get a good fit around her skinny legs, regardless of what I stuff the pocket with. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on what I could try stuffing the nappy with to stop leaks? (At the moment, the fit is that bad that she might as well not have a nappy on! Everything just runs out of the side.) I don't want these to have to go, so any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Nichola

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: WNOS fit problems

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:54 pm

We had this problem for a while but that was when Summer was tiny, what setting is she on??

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:12 pm

I normally have it set on the smallest rise. The tabs don't crossover but just one middle popper is exposed (does that make sense?). I'm going to try it on the middle rise, though (I'll stick a WN on when I next change her). But it's already high enough on the rise, so I think that might just make it come close to her armpits. :hohoho:

ETA: Don't know that I explained that very well, so here's a pic (rise adjusted, as it's about to be put on!):

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Righto, some experimentation later ...! I've just tried all three nappies on her, each stuffed differently.

One had the large part of the WNOS insert stuffed into the pocket. This was the worst fit. Needed a middle rise setting and left the middle waist popper exposed. Gaps around the legs that you could have driven a car through.

One has a FB MF insert and an EP hemp booster stuffed into it. Just a bad fit. :D Middle rise setting again and also left the middle waist popper exposed.

She's now in the last nappy, stuffed with a EP hemp booster and a MF cloth. This fits best on the lowest rise setting and the waist tabs now meet (no poppers exposed), but don't crossover. This is still going to leak, I fear. Plus, it's not going to last very long as there's not a lot of stuffing in it ...

I'm going to have to admit defeat unless someone has a brainwave. :( If these have to go, DH will kill me - they're practically new. And his love for BumGenius will be vindicated. :evil:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:00 pm

Whatever you do don't get rid of them - she will change shape again and grow back into them... >:D<

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:04 pm

I would save them, she will grow into them again. I dont know what im doing but sophie has 2 or 3 poppers left in the middle and she is only 10 weeks old, she must be HUGE :hohoho:

Are you supposed to not stuff them at the fron end as much?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:09 pm

I'll hide them at the back of a cupboard and hopes he forgets about them until Iris fits into them again. :hohoho:

Sophie probably isn't all that huge; Iris is just very skinny. She only weighs a little over 16 lb. And I tend to load the stuffing at the back, rather than front, as that's where she wets most.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:23 pm

I think soph is near on 12lbs, she is HUGE :lol:
I stuff them the same throughout coz im rubbish and dont know how to stuff!

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Ive just sold mine for the same reason :(

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat