WNOS fit problems

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: WNOS fit problems

Postby anya1973 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:16 pm

Soupdragon wrote:Afternoon all,

I need some help with my WNOS nappies - we have 3. They used to be a reasonable fit on Iris. But over the past couple of weeks, she must have changed shape and they're no longer a good fit on her. :cry: She's quite a tall, skinny minnie and I'm just finding it really difficult to get a good fit around her skinny legs, regardless of what I stuff the pocket with. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on what I could try stuffing the nappy with to stop leaks? (At the moment, the fit is that bad that she might as well not have a nappy on! Everything just runs out of the side.) I don't want these to have to go, so any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Nichola

I don't have any OS nappies now as I always found this to be the problem. They fit fine everywhere but round the legholes.

Perhaps babies are skinnier thighed than the WAHMs reckon. :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Have you got any BBOS inserts? Apparently they are very good fit in the WNOS. I would also suggest you keep it on the lowest rise setting for as long as you can.

I don't have a WNOS, so this could be utter rubbish.

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Cherylw » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:48 pm

I did have this problem with my WNOS when I first got it, as even though Charlotte is a big baby - she doesn't have chubby thighs - the wee used to come straight out of the legholes -i have adjusted it up to the middle rise - and it fits really well now - though she will have changed shape as well - so that will have helped!

I stuff mine with an easy peasy hemp booster and a large little lambs bamboo booster - and it lasts 3-4 hours no problem and isn't too thick
HTH,

Cheryl

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:56 pm

I would definately keep them as babies change shape so much that she will probably fill out a bit and they will fit again. I have them on their middle setting on Ben with 2 poppers exposed in the middle, stuffed with a Blueberry Onesize insert which seems perfect on him at the moment. I don't know how much he weighs as we haven't been for a couple of months but he isn't very big.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try a BB insert. I've stopped using it in our Blueberry nappy, as it makes the leg holes on that gape. I must have a very strange shaped baby for all these nappies to fit so badly!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 pm

I know this post is old but I had a thought last night! I believe 2 of you WNOS are bordercut with cotton, I was just wondering if you found there were a worse fit than the minkee/cuddlesoft one you have, as I put a border cut one on Summer last night and couldn't get it to fit at all, because there is no give in the cotton, I thought I'd got it to fit but then poo leaked all up her belly, guess i was wrong :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat