Help, new to cloth and getting leaks :O

My avatar
Emmajane18
Clothie
Clothie

Help, new to cloth and getting leaks :O

Postby Emmajane18 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi everyone,
I've always used disposables with my little girl who is now two but not potty trained yet but I want to cloth nappy my next baby so I bought some close pop-in +minkee nappys off ebay to try with my little girl to give cloth a go.

So today we tried cloth for the first time, nappy one went ok she pooed in it before it got to wet so I changed it and put on the next one but within 2 hours her trousers were damp and the nappy gussets were soaked on the outside. I thought the outer bit was supposed to be waterproof so even if the inner was wet it wouldnt pass through the outer? Argh I'm so sad I really wanted to like cloth but she's back in disposables after 2 nappies have I done something wrong?

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Help, new to cloth and getting leaks :O

Postby Kim » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm not sure on these nappies but you should be able to find some that work for you- someone on here is bound to have used pop-ins.

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:15 pm

I had pop ins as part of my stash with my lo, got to say they were one of my most reliable nappies, even at night time. I havent tried the new minkee ones though.

Were the pop ins new? Is your lo a particularly heavy wetter?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Two is a really tricky age as they start to hold wee prior to being ready for knickers and then when they do have one its a big wee. Could she be doing this? My two oldest both started to do this around two. I could go to change them after two hours and the nappy would be dry, put it back on and 10 mins later they could be soaked through!
Saying that I ve never had much luck with pockets or all in ones tbh mine must always have big wees and wick out of the leg gussets.

My avatar
Emmajane18
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Emmajane18 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Thanks for everyone's help yes I think maybe that could be it that she's holding in the wee and then getting rid of it all at once were starting potty training soon I was just really disappointed that my first try Failed lol and they weren't new they had been used a couple of times but excellent condition I think maybe she just wees to much for these nappies to absorb :/

My avatar
Emmajane18
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Emmajane18 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Which pop ins did you have ponygirl? We're they bamboo I've read that bamboos really absorbent so maybe the bamboo ones are more absorbent than the minkee.

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:35 pm

I've only tried little lamb one size pockets and ebay one and didn't get on with either of those. Only use 2 parters now and really don't find them anymore bother or particularly more bulky either.

My avatar
Emmajane18
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Emmajane18 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:38 pm

What kind of two parters do you use? Is that like prefolds and wraps?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:49 pm

You could try boosting the popins with a bamboo booster or 2 before trying new nappies.

I bought some minkee pop ins for bump and if he's a heavy wetter i'm going to boost with hemp or bamboo :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat