hf1

Nappies digging in when sitting up?

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Nappies digging in when sitting up?

Postby PixieFix » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:54 am

EJ has started wanting to sit up all the time. When she's sitting up, especially when she's in the bumbo (I know she's a wee bit young for this but she can sit up just holding one hand so I think she can handle it), it looks like the front of the nappy is really digging into her stomach. This in itself I don't like, but I'm also concerned about her posture. I'm a bit concerned that if the nappy is pushing in at the front and pulling at the back she could end up sitting on her tail bone rather than on her bum, does that makes sense? Has anyone else experienced this? Am I putting the nappy on wrong? I'm scared I'm going to end up damaging my child!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Nappies digging in when sitting up?

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:43 am

This happened to Ed as he was sitting early as well. I used to either put him in a disposable or nappy free while he was sitting. What nappies are you using? Terry towels may help as you could just pop it on loosely without a wrap whilst she's sitting.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:44 am

Mine wanted to sit really early too,( all reflux babies so that's probably why) and I had the same problem. I think it's because they obviously can t hold themselves up and lean over at the front.
Can t remember what I did :oops: but it must have rectified itself! I didn t get on with using a bumbo for very long as they used to push themselves out backwards.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:48 am

We too had this problem. Adjusting the rise can help, putting it on slightly looser too. It's a short term issue thankful!

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:10 am

Thanks for the suggestions, will try a few different things and see what works :thumbsup:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat